'Wall to wall' flap on ....

27th March 2023 (Monday)     “Happy Birthday to Michael (Mike) who is ’21’ plus 93 ... or is it 39? today!

08.00 ....We have a ‘wall to wall’ blue sky with a light frost (-1C).... it’s a bonnie morning


for doing things.    I am feeling productive this morning... which is good because I also have a  wall to wall ‘Flap On’.   Why?... because I have just discovered that the 4th of April is not a week come Thursday.... it’s a week tomorrow.... Tuesday!    Och ... I’ll have another cuppa.

10.15    I detected that the air was warming up when hanging out a washing ... so I might take at turn round The Ferry on the bike.  Flap?... oh aye that.   The ‘wall to wall flap’ is well under control.  Things already done:  made a batch o’ Potato and Leek’ soup, done an extreme Soduko... and had a couple o’ cuppa’s, to contemplate the situation.... and... I came to the conclusion that there’s ‘loads o’ time’;  which is why I’m thinking o’ going out on the bike, (need to discharge the bike battery so that I can go for a decent run sometime).  

The original Earlsferry rubbish dump.

21.00   It was calm and warm by 11.00 so I went up to Chapel Green to photograph the original Earlsferry ‘coup’ (household refuse dump).   Jimmy had happy memories if it; in the 1930’s,  Sydney and Jimmy used to look for money after the ride when out:  most times they came away empty handed but Jimmy once found a Florin (2/ shilling piece)... 10p in modern money.   The only visible sign that ‘something’ was there, are two rusted remains of metal supports that held a heavy plank, set to prevent the cart (and horse) ‘backing’ into the dump.   High tide washed the rubbish out into the Firth ... with much of it ending up on the beach.   The first ‘landfill’ site for the combined villages, was what is now the wooded area by the golf course machinery sheds:  The final one (landfill site) was at Shell Bay Woods.

I didn’t go out on the bike again (the battery was being charged) so progress has been

Site of the original Earlsferry 'coup' (rubbish dump).

made with getting Ivy ready for Michael and Janice.  All is under control; well sort on ‘under control’.   More progress will be made tomorrow.... the weather forecast has us down for ‘light rain’.... for most of the day.   That means my breathing will be bad; today was ideal.... my breathing tubes were operating at almost full capacity.  It will be a working day.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....