Cold NE breeze.....

3rd March 2023 (Friday)   08.45.... The garden thermometer was showing


4C earlier but the air feels more like -1C;  it ain’t warm.  In fact it’s one of those overcast mornings, with a bitterly cold NE breeze.  However, sunny spells that are forecast to come out way before lunch.   The problem is, the wind being off the North Sea is bringing a layer of light cloud in with it.   It will be bright and sunny on the West Coast.

19.00      We ended up with a bonnie day;  it was never warm, but the bitterly cold air of the morning warmed up after lunch, and it was pleasantly ‘not cold’.

When I went for the paper in the morning instead of going down to Elie harbour I went along to St Minnins harbour for a change of scene.   St Minnins (St Monans) is nothing like as busy as it once was, but it is considerably busier than Elie.  It isn’t the hive of activity that it was when Millar’s boatyard was active; I spoke to a ‘joiner’ screwing the nameplates on a yacht....but he was the only person I saw doing anything other than walking.....definitely changed days.   Creel boats still operate out of St Minnins and there was one fishing boat tied up to the middle pier.... in fact, there are ‘boats’ all around the harbour some in the water and some on the piers for the winter.    Good for the camera.    I came home a happy boy;  with a cauld nose. 


It has been a day for havin’ a cauld nose:  I went up to the seat at the 17th green to get a few golf course shots and managed to get a few of colourfully dressed ladies coming own the 17th fairway, and going along the 18th.  I wasn’t the only one feeling the cold;  I met Chris who’d been out with ‘Skye’ and he was feeling the cold too.    My nose was cold for the second time today.   I didn’t go biking!

22.30    I only (only?) paid £154.37 for my combined energy usage this month... that is £54 lower than both December and January.   February is a short month and I expected it to be lower.   Gas


is my biggest contribution to widening the gap between the ‘rich and poor; so I shall make a concentrated effort to get this month’s usage down to £130.  It is a long month, so I hope it’s not a cold one.    I’m a happy boy tonight.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....