Bonnie, peaceful mornin'....

23rd March 2023 (Thursday)    08.30....what an absolutely gorgeous Spring


morrrrrrrning;  Blob is twittering happily at the very top o’ the Rowan tree.... and I was singing(?) in the shower.   Yep .... this could be a ‘play day’.   We have a few fluffy clouds slowly drifting across a blue sky.... there’s only a light breeze (unlike yesterday) and the air is warm (9C).   Me?.... I’m feeling frisky.   

11.30    The paper(s) have been uplifted, ad bread from the baker’s; although it’s cloudier, and I noticed showers towards Edinburgh, it’s pleasantly warm.  I suppose we might catch the edge of a shower but that’s not going to bother us.   Must ‘go’...’slight flap on’;  I’m going out to lunch with Alice, Izzie and Alan.   I’d better try to smarten myself up a bit.  Everybody else will be smart... then there’s ‘me’.

Alan and Alice.

16.30     I have enjoyed my birthday;  in fact it was incredible.   The postie delivered cards and a parcel.   Cards were handed in and Marcie handed sung “Happy Birthday “ ... and Emily also sung “Happy Birthday” over the phone.  Since then I have had more cards and birthday wishes.   I’m likin’ ‘Old’ ....‘er’.  

Alan, Izzie and Alice came to pick me up at 12.30 to go for lunch.  We ended up at Balgove (St Andrews) for lunch;  it was the way we got there that I loved:  we set off from Earlsferry to go to Ceres (our original target) but the Satnav thing had us going by way of Upper Largo, Teases Toll, then Ceres.   The ‘target’ Cafe in Ceres was ‘Closed’, so we then set off for Cupar but ended up at St Andrews and finally Balgove:  all on roads that I used to bumble along before COVID.   We actually went (by mistake) into the Steak House’ part of the Balgove complex but eventually made our way to the Cafe.   Balgove was busy (it always is) but we didn’t have to wait for a table;  and enjoyed a really happy and pleasant lunch and coffee.   Janette (ex Craws Nest) is

Izzie and Alan.

working at Balgove so we chatted to her... and Ronnie and Christine (Upper Largo) who were having lunch.   It has been a really enjoyable, and surprising, ‘Birthday’;  a big “Thank You” to Alice for treating my to my birthday outing... and to Izzie and  Alan: Alan for being the Chauffeur;   Izzie... for bring ‘Izzie’;  and our guide.   I loved every ‘minit’ of our ‘mystery tour’.  I’m a happy ‘boy’.


21.30    After an enjoyable day... I am well ready for bed.   I have nae plan for tomorrow.... I don’t intend being in ‘flap’ mode at any time.  ‘Light rain showers and a fresh breeze’ is forecast for Friday, so it could be another bonnie day.   England is in for some wet weather, with flood warnings all over the place;  much dampness in ‘Sunny Sussex’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....