Cool ....

25th March 2023 (Saturday)    08.30.... The sky is overcast, the air is cool,


and there’s a touch of dampness this morning.... not a morning for me going out on the bike.  I’ll make this a ‘rest day’;  tomorrow I will get into gear, and organized, for Janice and Michael coming up for Easter.   Today I am going to visit Alice.

21.30    I can hardly believe just how busy the East Neuk roads are nowadays;  when I passed my driving test (1957) cars were few and far between;  petrol cost 5/8d (28p) per gallon (4.54 litres)...and most people still travelled to Leven by bus.   The roads still follow the same route... but have a new addition to the road surface.... the pothole.   In 1957 I could bike to Kirkcaldy Technical College (as it was then) and home without having to worry about potholes; they just didn’t exist.   You know something ....those were ‘the good old days’... only thing was we didn’t know it.

I’ve enjoyed myself today;  a restful day chatting with Alice;   and we had a short walk to pick up a prescription for one of Alice’s friends.    I am starting a collection of Methil/Levenmouth photographs;  including some of the ‘action’ around the Bawbee Brig and the new Levenmouth Railway Station;  once the weather settles down.


Tomorrow will be the start of a series of mini ‘flaps’ as I get organized for Janice and Michael at Easter.   There’s not much to do really but I have inherited Maggie’s way of working when it comes to ‘ousework;  and she had to have everything ‘just right’.  I might not achieve her standards, because I tend to find various excu ... oops ... reasons to take ‘time out’.  Happy me.   Actually tomorrow’s weather could be good for ‘working’.... it’s going to be colder with the chance of light drizzle.

I’m going to do the clocks before I make the chocolate; I have been known to work on


‘Ivy Cottage’ time for a few days at clock changing time.   Time doesn’t mean much to me now;  it’s either day or night.   
Our stone age ancestors would work in the daylight and bree.. er sleep at night.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....