Frosty ....

11th March 2023 (Saturday)    08.15 .... its -2C on the garden thermometer,

Aberdeen University Geology students.

but it feels colder even though there’s only a light breeze.... it’s a calm, warm in the sun morning.   It’s going to be a bonnie but cold day; however I don’t think I’ll be out on the bike this afternoon.... unless the temperature rockets up to 14C!

23.15   The thermometer never got anywhere near 14C.... in fact it felt like it didn’t get up to 4CL  it has been one of those bitterly cold days.  One of my favourite places (as you all know) is the harbour:  James told me yesterday that both skiffs would be on the water this morning at 09.00.   It was bright and sunny (and cold) so I wrapped up warm, made a mug of coffee and to the harbour I went ....stopping at the baker’s to buy a goodie to go with the coffee.


All harbours are cold places... and Elie was no exception this morrrrrrrrning;  and especially at the end of the pier, but that’s where I wanted to be, to get a batch of launch photographs.   Funnily enough I wasn’t that cold out there and I did have a great view of the teams launching ‘Archie’ and ‘Sea Queen’;  but I was glad to get back to the car and my mug o’ coffee.    I did think of going back to the harbour to catch them coming in but the cold air was bothering the breathing tubes so I didn’t.   In fact I never went further than the back door to feed ‘Blob’.

Not only did I have the skiffs being launched at the harbour, I ended up having an interesting conversation with a group of Aberdeen University Geology students who were studying the volcanic rocks around Elie and Earlsferry.

Even though it was cold I have enjoyed today;  I haven’t got a plan for tomorrow....


everything depends on what the weather is doing.   I don’t think it’s going to be quite as cold tomorrow, but there’s the chance of sleet overnight... and rain later tomorrow and on Monday.  

I missed the Daffodil Coffee Morning today;  luckily Myra bought  a Gingerbread for me;  that reminds me I have still to pay her for it.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....