Earl of Crawford ....

20th March 2023 (Monday)     09.00 ....the sky looks reasonably promising at


the moment;  in fact if it stays like this I might get the bike out, after breakfast, o go for the paper.   The weather forecast tells me that there is the ‘chance of light precipitation’.... but ... hey ho... I can cope wi’ light precipitation.   And so can the bike.

12.00     With the weather forecast showing more chance of precipitation in the afternoon,   I did get the bike out to go for the paper;  and came home by way of Elie Estate  for some exercise.... and to become fitter after having the ‘flu.  I got back to Ivy just as a spell of drizzle crossed over us so I went out at the right time.   The bike battery is now being charged so I should be able to go for a longer run the next time that the weather is agreeable.

The flag atop the Balcarres Crag tower is flying at half mast this morning, because The Right Honourable Robert Alexander Lindsay, the 29th Earl of Crawford and Balcarres, KT, GCVO, PC, DL, died on the 18th March.   The Countess of Crawford and Balcarres died on the 2nd October 2021.

Waterhen /Moorhen (gallinula chloropus) 

21.00    It has been a day of two halves as far as the weather went;   the morning being dry and warm.... the afternoon wet and miserable.  We’re in for a spell of mixed weather according to the weather forecast I saw earlier.... so my ‘plan’ to go out on the bike more is in the lap of the rain Gods.   The bike battery is fully charged;  ready for the next spell of quiet weather.

I was watching an interesting programme called ‘Can we still save the Planet?’ with Judith Ralston (weather presenter).   Even I can see that Mother Earth is not in a healthy, life supporting condition.   Why?.... well... when you think about it it’s (sadly) all caused by the world being over populated with a dangerous type of ‘life form’ .... homo sapiens.  Sadly humanity has based its system of ‘life’ on greed, and until we have politicians that are brave enough ... and honest enough to really do something about it... we’ll probably blunder on down the greedy road to....?  Extinction?   I base my thinking on a wee place where we lived 75  years ago;  Myrebird, Crathes.   We lived in a house on the edge of a marsh.   In the summer time


 numerous pair of Snipe bred on the marsh.   Now there are none.   Why?.... because the marsh has been drained.   It’s called progress.   Crathes was one of the happiest places that we lived.... but it saddens me every time I visit now.   However, according to the ‘Can we Still Save the Planet’ programme steps are being taken to re-wild the countryside... so there is hope.  
Finally:  the human population of the World today is 8 billion+ and is forecast to rise to 9 billion by 2037, and 10 billion by 2058.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....