Bright, breezy and cauld ....

1st March 2023 (Wednesday)   “Happy St David’s Day” to all my friends in Wales;  you are allowed cake today!

10.00    It’s a bonnie, but cold, start to St David’s Day in the Royal Burgh;  there’s brisk


wind from the North so loads o’ wind-chill.    I might have a short walk once the temperature gets up to about 14C, in the meantime I’m havin’ a couple of slices of Melba toast for breakfast;  I’m not on a diet;  I’m trying to shake of the after effects of that bug I had.   Actually I’m feeling brighter this morning... and thinking better.   If the wind drops I might circle ‘The Ferry’ on the bike after lunch.

19.30   I had the urge to go somewhere in the afternoon.... but not on the bike ‘cos it was too windy and cold.     The place I ended up going to wasn’t the most exciting.... but I enjoyed the exercise I got walking the aisles of the ‘Store’ in Ainster.   I had a bit of retail therapy.   You can’t call shopping ‘retail therapy’ nowadays some of the prices are shocking: however needs must so shopping has to be done.

I decided to come home by the quieter ‘the back toad’ but even that isn’t therapeutic anymore;  even the back roads are busy....and there’s always someone in a hurry: ‘Quiet places’ are no longer ‘quiet places’.   I suppose it’s good that folk are coming to the East Neuk; but I’ll be glad when the light (and warm) mornings are with us, so that I can go out early on the bike.  That’s my time.


22.30   I’ve had a better day; in fact I feel ‘on the mend’ from whatever ‘winter bug’ I had.   The ‘plan’ is to lie low for another couple of days.  Having checked the weather forecast, Friday looks like being the best day for me to have a turn round the villages on the bike.   Tomorrow I intend doing ‘ousework; Michael and Janice are coming up at Easter time so I’ll make a start on their room.   The weather for tomorrow is going to be, more or less, much the same as todays.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....