Damp ....

28th March 2023 (Tuesday)     09.00.... The weather forecast for London,


Uckfield and KY9 is ..... 32.5 second pause...is... “light rain with a moderate breeze.    I don’t know what it is actually like in London and Uckfield but we definitely have ‘light rain with a moderate breeze’ here.   It’s grey and wet... not a bonnie morning.   However it is a good morrrrrrrning for 'ousework.   Orf to put the kettle 'on' .... again.

18.30 .... Although it was overcast in the morning the light rain didn’t start until about 11.00, so I took ‘time out’ before morrrrrrrning coffee and went to St Monans to have a wander round the Auld Kirk.  It wasn’t the best of weather but at least it wasn’t raining... though it had been.   The rain started as I was going back to the car.... and I don’t think it has ever stopped;  but it has been of varying heaviness.   Back at Ivy I browsed my mornings work with the camera before lunch, and had a short ‘working session’ after lunch.   I haven’t done very much, but I found some papers that need sorting so I’ll do that while watching something on the tele.


The workmen have started to build the retaining wall.... and it’s a solid bit of wall.   The rain brought that to a halt later in the afternoon.   Tomorrow’s weather forecast has us getting ‘more of the same’;  that means Thursday would seem to be my best bet for doing a washing.   Thursday is also the day that ‘The Team’ is going to the 19th Hole for lunch.

I can’t believe how much the East Neuk has changed since 2020 (COVID).   St Monans village may look the same, but the number of cars seems to have escalated and meeting a ‘weel kent face’ is rare.   That reminds me;  I saw my first Queen Bumble Bee, when up at Chapel Green yesterday.

20.45    Welll.... I have been reasonably active today both at St Monans and in Ivy.  Being of medieval origin the Auld Kirk is historically interesting; it was lucky enough to survive the Reformation more or less as built.   The Auld Kirk at Kinneuchar did survive

The remains of Kinneuchar Auld Kirk.

the Reformation but had bits taken away and bits added on to ‘lose’ its connection with the pre Reformation kirk.   It was mostly demolished in 1819 to make way for the present Kinneuchar Kirk.... but the few ruins that remain suggest it was an impressive building.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....