Touch of frost ....

8th March 2023 (Wednesday)   09.30 .... Hmmmm.... it’s sunny with a gentle


breeze;  and cold.   The garden thermometer is reading -2C; which is warm compared to Kinbrace (Sutherland), where it was -15C overnight.   I will venture out (in the car) and do a short tour of the villages, after ‘morrrrrrrning coffee’, and the temperature at +10C.  It’s a computer/’ousework/ stay in and warm, kind of day.

11.15    I’ve been for the papers(s) and visited the harbour;  all is good and where it should be.   The villages are busy with work going on apace at all the building sites:  actually it’s a good day for working.   This is a rest day for ‘the boy’.... but I will go out in the car in the afternoon;  probably up to Kinneuchar.   I’m off to make the ‘morrrrrrrning mug o’ Alberto’s Finest’.

20.30    The team at ‘Earls Lodge’ have been doing the drains today.... once the drains are in things can really start to happen.    In my mind’s eye I can see a retaining wall being built soon.


 I’ve been down to the harbour three times today.  The other day I put up a photo of the ‘Kingdom Of Fife (supply vessel) ‘on her way to Invergordon:  today I went to get a photo of her on her way back to Burntisland (her home port).   Unfortunately she was off Elie at the same time as heavy shower of snow so I couldn’t see her:  that was the second time I was at the harbour.  The third time was at sunset, when we had some bonnie clouds and a colourful sunset.   We’ve had some flurries o’ snow today and there’s a thin covering on Largo Law.   Winter isn’t finished with us yet.

We’re part of an area that’s covered by a yellow warning for snow over the next 36 hours or so;  however we’re only on the edge of the warning area so we could be lucky and miss it.

I have some photos to ‘play’ with so I’ll browse them before making the bedtime


chocolate.   I plan to go to Leven tomorrow morning.... if the weather is amenable.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....