Frosty ....

9th March 2023 (Thursday)   08.00.... It’s -1C just now but the sun has risen

'Sea Queen' - St Monans skiff.

(above low cloud) so it should melt the frozen snow on the car windscreen: we had a light dusting o’ snow during the night.  There’s a Yellow warning for snow and ice, active until 14.00 tomorrow that covers Fife... but most of the bad weather is south of the Border.    Oh.... I nearly forgot; warmer weather is on its way;  ‘Blob’ is in love.

20.00   The sky has been ... welll... interesting, with wintry clouds;  and we’ve had a couple of hail showers so not a bad day for the camera.    After breakfast I went to Methil to have morrrrrrning tea with Alice before we went down to ‘Home Bargains’ to get a few odds and ends.   I was looking for individual sized tinfoil containers  for the freezer  but they didn’t have them;  they had bigger sized ones but they’re not much use for some living on their own.   We went back to Alice’s and had a bowl of soup and a cuppa.    Alice’s friend, and former neighbour, Joyce came to visit so the three of us had a blether before I set off for home.... in the middle of the first heavy hail shower.   It, the hail, didn’t last long;  I drove out of it by the time I reached the Bawbee Brig roadworks.... and I didn’t get caught with the temporary traffic lights.  My least favourite temporary(?) traffic lights, the ones on Largo Road, did catch me.


Back at Ivy I had a cuppa then louped into the car and went to the bottle bank at Woodhaven then photographed the wintry clouds ... and showers passing along the ‘Sooth Side’ o’ the Firth.   I then thought ,“Alber my boy.... you might as well take in the harbour when you’re this far anyway”;  and that’s what I did.   When I arrived at the harbour I couldn’t believe my luck.... the St Monans skiff, ‘Sea Queen’, was on the water for some pre season practice... so that was well photographed:  until I the camera ran out of battery. I didn’t have a spare on me so that was the end of my adventures with the camera for today.

I’ve been putting the buckets out (Bloo and Brown) and it’s bitterly cauld;  there’s a feel


of rain or wet snow in the air.   I won’t be going out again tonight.   In fact I’m going to make the chocolate after this update and find something to watch on the tele.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....