Cold NE wind ....

26th March 2023 (Sunday)     09.30 ....The garden thermometer is at 4C but it


feels more like -2C in the brisk NE wind;  but, as Marcia said a few minutes ago, it’s warm when out of the wind.   I don’t think I’ll be out on the bike today!    In fact I don’t think I’ll be ‘out’ very much at all today.... the outside temperature has me looking forward to doing intermittent ‘ousework.... after I go for the paper in the car.  

14.00    I’ve been for the paper and down at the ‘arbour:  it was pleasantly warm in the sheltered corners at the harbour, but cold when out in the wind.   It is a bonnie, bright and sunny day, but the sky is starting to cloud over;  that could  mean ‘light rain showers’ later in the afternoon.... in fact I see spits and spots o’ rain on the window just now;  but it’s only a passing cloud. 

I got my appointment for the COVID 19 booster the other day;  it’s 15.39 on the 15th April, at the East Neuk Centre, Anstruther.  


21.30   This clock changing unsettles my routine;  it doesn’t upset my routine when I forget to change the clocks for a couple of days now and again.   Anyway my clocks have been changed and I will soon adapt.  

I’ve had a mixed up kind of day... a bit like the weather in fact.    I did manage to do some ‘ousework;  not as much as I’d planned to do... but a journey of a thousand miles starts with one step.  Today I took that first step.   Tomorrow I’ll be buzzin’ ....  and maybe take another two steps.   I’ve got loads o’ time!

I only went out to the garden, and The Hutte’, in the afternoon.... it was pleasantly warm out there.   I was tempted to go out on the bike... but managed to ‘yield not to temptation’.  I’d found an episode of Downtown Abbey I liked so I ‘yielded to that temptation’.   I am a naughty boy.

It’s going to be a cold night.... tomorrow is going to be ‘sunny with light winds... and will


be a good drying day’.   The weather forecasters don’t say  that it is going to be a good drying day;  but it would make the weather forecast mair interesting it they did.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....