Windy ....

31st January 2023 (Tuesday)    07.45 ....There’s a fresh breeze this morning;


it’s F7 out in the Firth so not a morrrrrning for the bike.... and it's to be windy all day.    I had a good night’s sleep and feel almost playful:  that said I have to cut that bit o’ plastic off the car before I can move it, so I had better try to get that done this morning.   Right now it’s breakfast time.

12.00     The car is mobile again....and not because I cut the plastic bit off.   Nope;   A man going for a game of golf course had ago at it and told me that I’d never be able to cut it off and that I should tie it up and onto something under the bonnet.   I had thought of tying it onto the mirror but decided that wouldn’t work.    Anyway I got some strong string out and threaded it through the plastic and made ready to open the bonnet, when Alistair came by walking his dog.   Alistair tied nice and tight onto a bit sticking out of the radiator and I closed the bonnet and was ready to go to Fife Auto in Leven.... after I had a cuppa.

I got to Fife Auto without any problem (the string didn’t break) and the mechanic took off loose fairing.   From Fife Auto I went to Methil to have a cuppa and blether with Alice before giving her a lift to Leven where she was going to meet Karen, her daughter.   So I have had a busy and satisfying morning.   A big “Thank You” is due to my new golfer friend, and to Alistair;  they really sorted out my problem.   Growing old is easy.... it’s coping with it that’s hard.


17.00   The wind has been with us all day so I never went out on the bike; but I did have a walk up to the golf course at sunset.   The wind might have moderated a wee bit by then but not by much so I didn’t hang about.

Dorothy reminded me that there’s a Friendship Lunch at the Kirk Hall tomorrow so I’ll go to that and catch up with the local ‘news’.

21.30    I found a nice surprise in my Spam box this morning;  an email from a 92 year old gentleman in Australia that lived in The Ferry during the war, and migrated to Oz in 1956.   There’s no doubt that the computer is a brilliant way to make new friends.... all over the world.   Any future emails will come into the ‘IN’ box now.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....