Quiet morning ....

24th January 2022 (Tuesday)    08.15.... although there was a bit of red in


the early morning sky we should have a bonnie day:  the forecast is ‘sunny intervals with a moderate breeze’.    However, it could turn cloudier with the chance of light precipitation in the afternoon;  that should mean interesting clouds.

15.00    I can’t get over just how busy the road to Leven is nowadays.... no matter what time you travel:  however I enjoyed the morning in Leven, and got all the bits and pieces that I wanted.   I also remembered to go to the bank;  the letter I was bothered about is genuine so all is good there.

Alice and I wandered up the High Street to visit the bookshop at the East end of the High Street, and I was surprised to find it was Bertie Gorrie’s (Colinsburgh) son who was behind the counter.   A long catch up conversion followed.     It’s a brilliant bookshop by the way;  with a good stock of new and second hand books.  A lot of serious browsing will take place in there.


The West end of the High Street is navigable via fenced off walkway;  major demolition work is taking place at the burnt out Poundstretcher shop, and... the former Masterton  the Jeweller’s shop has scaffolding all over the front because of  fire damage.   I don’t know if Masterton’s is going to be demolished.... it’s an older (and bonnier) building.   I hope the new building on the site of the former Poundstretcher shop is bonnier than the one that’s being demolished;  it was just a sixties eyesore.   I need a cuppa .... and a catnap.

19.30    The ‘plan’ for tomorrow?   If the weather is amenable I intend going out on the bike.   I’ll go up to Chapel Green in the morning then charge the battery so that I can do Elie Estate in the afternoon.   I’ve had a busy day today... and enjoyable.   Leven High Street is not the most inspiring place just now.... but, once the Poundstretcher site is


cleared, and the sun shining it will begin to look better:  Having said that High Streets all over the UK are starting to feel the pinch now that the cost of living is starting to bite.  And yet... the coffee shop that Alice and went to was ‘fu’ tae the gunnels’ and we had to give coffee a miss.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....