Warm for the time of year ....

14th January 2023 (Saturday)     07.15.... Even though it’s raining just now


it’s not cold;  but it is dreich.   However the light rain is forecast to give way to ‘sunny spells and light rain showers’ by mid morning.   It could be a ‘play’ day.   The weather is going to turn much colder from tomorrow.

15.15   I fancied a walk in a wood after lunch so I went to Balcarres and had a walk round a bit of the ‘Woodland Walk’.... in between showers.   It had to be a short walk because the showers were frequent ...with only a short sunny spell between them.    I should have gone out in the morning.,   Anyway I enjoyed my short daunder, and got some photographs to ‘play’ with, so I’m happy.   I’d have been even happier with a long sunny spell!

21.15    Jings...the wind freshened a couple of hours ago and we now have a wild night.   I don’t think it’s raining... not heavily anyway as I don’t hear rain hitting the window.  There is a Yellow warning out for Fife but it isn’t for wind!.... it’s for ice: starting at 22.00 tonight through to 10.00 tomorrow morning.   That means it’s going to be cold tomorrow; but, thankfully, the wind is going to moderate overnight.   There is going to be a frisky breeze, with long sunny intervals, ‘ra morra’ so there will be wind chill.   Yep.... it’s going to be a ‘bonnie but wrap up well’ kind of day.


This has been a strange day for me;  I haven’t been down to the harbour.     The only time I went anywhere was when I went to Balcarres in the afternoon.    Oh ...and I had a migraine just before lunch.   I couldn’t understand why that happened then I happened to look at the barometer.... it was down at 976.    So it, the migraine, was brought on by the rapid change in pressure.   I’m a happy boy ...the barometer is starting to rise.  Gradual changes in the barometric pressure don’t bother me.... it’s the sudden big changes that bring on migraines.

Not only have I not been to the harbour.... I haven’t done any ‘work’ at all today.   It has


been a lazy day in front of the TV or computer mostly.    I’ll be a bundle o’ active atoms tomorrow....I hope it isn’t too cold.   It’s amazing when you think about it:  billions of atoms conglomerated together make all living thing: Sadly, the human, supposedly intelligent ‘life form’, spends much of its time inventing ways to blow all the atoms, that make up a human body, apart.... and destroy life!   How sad is that!   

I’m orf to make the chocolate then find something to watch on the tele.   I’m a ‘happy boy’ tonight;  looking forward to a sunny day tomorrow.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....