Rabbie Burns Day....

25th January 2023 (Wednesday)    

264th Anniversary of the birth of Rabbie Burns.

 09.00.... there’s a frisky breeze from the WNW which is breaking up the early morning


cloud, so there’s an increasing chance of ‘sunny spells’.    It’s 8C at the moment but the breeze will make it feel cooler.   The plan’ is to go ‘roond the Ferry’ on the bike, then charge up the battery so that I can go out again in the afternoon.   

 09.45    The bike ‘plan’ has had to be put on 'hold';   we’ve just had a shower o’ rain.   I’ll have a cuppa.

16.30    We only had one short shower so I have been out on the bike;  Chapel Green in the morning then Elie in the late afternoon.   The bit in between was spent having lunch then sleepin’ in front on the tele:  I’m a mornin’ person.

The villages were looking bonnie;  and it was warm, in what felt like early Spring sunshine.   I’d like this to be the beginning of Spring but I have no doubt there will be a bit more wintry weather to come.  


The bike battery is being charged;  the ‘plan’  is to go through Elie Estate tomorrow.   The weather forecast is .... 25.5 second pause.... “sunny intervals with a gentle breeze”.

21.30    I went out to have a look for the Comet that’s visible just now:  I did find a smudgy star where I expected the comet to be (the bottom and left of the handle of The Plough) so I assume that was it.  The Plough (or Great Bear) was low in the sky so there was too much scattered light pollution about:  it The Plough should be higher in the early morning sky so I’ll get up early to have a look.   In the meantime I have been cleaning the lenses of the binoculars.

I enjoyed being on the bike again.... and I’m looking forward to doing Elie Estate


tomorrow morning.    Kirsty, Myra and I are going to the 19th to celebrate Kirsty’s birthday tomorrow;  I’m looking forward to that.   Geoff couldn’t always manage because of his nae weelness, but sadly, it will be different tomorrow, knowing that he isn’t at home.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....