Not sunny .....

10th January 2023 (Tuesday)   10.00.... we have a wet and miserable


morning here.... and, having checked the Fife Weather cams, there’s no sign of it improving for a few hours at least.   I’ve got the crock pot fired up with batch of Scotch Broth for the freezer;  I’ll do a batch of Cottage Pies for the freezer tomorrow. 

 I’ve come to the conclusion that, what I thought was ‘flu, must have been another dose of COVID, back in December. I now have the same symptoms (dizziness and choked tubes) that I had four weeks or so after the first dose (of COVID), at the end of March (2022). Luckily enough I self isolated, so didn’t spread it around;  and I tested before going back into circulation again.    I intend missing out the long COVID that I ended up with the last time.  It’s morrrrrrrrrrrning coffee time.


15.00     I am disappointed!    Why?.... nae sunny spells today....not yet anyway! However, I went out in the car and did the Kinneuchar/ Balbuthie/ Elie Harbour run .... taking a few ‘wet look’ photos on the way.   It’s funny: no matter what the weather our corner of the planet looks bonnie.   Everywhere was quiet;  in fact I didn’t meet anyone.... not even a dog dragging it’s human oot for a bit o’ exercise.   Hardly surprising really.... it’s damp!

The aroma coming off the crock pot is starting to make me feel hungry;   I don’t think it will be quite ready yet, but I’ll have a taste;  maybe even two.

18.30    The soup is tasty.... and I have 7 portions for the freezer.   Tomorrow I’ll make


mince and tautties (alias Cottage Pies) in the afternoon.   Bulk cooking is one way of saving energy.   It has been a good day for working in the kitchen;  that reminds me.... the crock pot has to be washed.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....