Overcast ......

5th January 2023 (Thursday)    10.00 ....I don’t know what was in the air at


06.00 this morning but the breathing tubes were struggling just a bit.   A few puffs of the inhaler sorted it, but it was uncomfortable at the time.    All is good now;  I will have a wander up  the Ferry High Street to post a letter after breakfast.... and another calming cuppa.


11.30   The sky is a bit threatening looking just now, so I’m going to have a run up to  Kinneuchar, in the car, for a change of scene, and to post the letter.   My breathing has settled down but it’s not a good asthma day that’s for sure..... so I’ll spend the afternoon staying warm in Ivy, and drawing.    The asthma always bothers me at this time of year.  Mind you, it has been bothersome since I had COVID.


20.45    I enjoyed a short walk in Kinneuchar....it would have been longer but it started to rain;  but I’d taken a few photos before that happened... and I posted the letter.  Kinneuchar was quiet:  and it was too early to visit Shona so I just came home.   Most of the remainder of the day I spent in Ivy simply because this has not been a good day for me being out;  something (I think it was the weather) had triggered my asthma.  However I have been shredding paper (it’s the grey bucket tomorrow) and sorted out some preliminary sketches of the back of the ‘Ferry Corner’ houses that had to be demolished in 1947.    The final sketches are how Sydney and Jimmy remembered the area.

‘Strong winds and sunny intervals’ is our weather for tomorrow so I might go somewhere (in the car) for a change of scenery;  I suppose it all depends on how my asthma is in the morning;   I’m feeling fine just now.

The aforementioned ‘strong winds’ are to be with us through the night and tomorrow


morning.... beginning to moderate after midday.   At the moment the wind is freshening so we could be in for a wild night.... but it isn’t raining.   Mind you we will have a bit of wind chill to cope with tomorrow.

I think it is ‘chocolate and browse the TV channels time’ again... after a quiet but fairly productive day.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....