Touch of frost ....

2nd January 2023 (Monday)     06.30 ....there’s touch of frost just now so, if I


hang out the washing it will be after breakfast.... if I bother to hang it out at all.   It’s going to be bonnie, but cold for most of the day, with only a light breeze so the washing is unlikely to dry.   

08.00    The garden thermometer is showing -1C but there's only a breath o’ a breeze so very little wind chill.   Right now I’m having a cuppa before venturing to the beach for a wee bit o’ exercise: Sunrise is at 08.45 so I’ll time my walk to catch that.  

10.00   It’s morning coffee time; and well deserved after my walk to the beach.    It is a beautiful morning.... and not too cold.    There was a lot of folk on the beach enjoying the early morning air....on what is a peaceful morning.   I don’t have a ‘plan’ for today;  I’m actually tired but that will be because I stayed up late on Hogmanay.   I am going to put a gas and electricity reading through to OVO;  their calculations should  waken me up.   That only takes seconds.   Before doing that I’ll make the coffee!


15.00    I’ve spent most of the afternoon sleeping in front of the tele;  that’s because I stayed up to watch the Ceilidh from Mallaig on Hogmanay.   An early night in bed should get me back on track.   It has been a bonnie day (what I’ve seen of it) and the air temperature is now +3C.   Fife is included in a Yellow warning out for rain  beginning tomorrow  afternoon through to Wednesday morning. 

I didn’t get too much of a shock with my Gas and Electricity bill for 2nd Dec to 2nd Jan (2023);  it came to £208.36 (I pay £214 per month);  I expected it to be more, as we’ve had a spell of cold weather.   I suppose I'm doing my bit I’m doing my bit to make the rich richer.   I don’t enjoy making the rich richer, and therefore widening the gap between ‘them and us’, but that’s ‘democracy’;  I think.   But it’s not very friendly.

20.30    We have frost on the car windscreen tonight; it should lift overnight as rain is


forecast for tomorrow.  I have ‘nae plan’ for tomorrow... it will be a ‘drawing’ day if it’s wet.

I’m off to make a mug o’ the Salted Caramel Chocolate drink I got from Emily and John.   I’ve been sleeping on and off all afternoon, so a good night’s sleep is needed to get me over my late night on Hogmanay. 

And the chocolate gives me that!   Actually I didn’t need to stay up;  I forgot that the Ceilidh is repeated, early in the evening on New Year’s Day.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....