Lovely sunrise sky ....

19th January 2023 (Thursday)    08.15....We have a bonnie start to the day...


but it’s cold (-2C).... with a light breeze.   I hung out a washing, which was frozen stiff before I’d finished (as were my fingers).   Once the sun gets going the washing should defrost and dry:  that’s the theory anyway.   I’ll go for a paper after breakfast.... and after the sun has shifted the rime off the car windscreen!




21.15   It has been bitterly cauld all day.... but my bed linen dried so I ain’t complainin’.    Well ... that’s no’ true;  I am complainin’.... I’m not overly fond the cold weather.

I’ve had one busy day.   After going to Elie for the paper I went to Leven to visit Alice, and, after a cuppa we went to the ‘Cheap Shop’ to do some shopping.   The ‘Bargain Store’ (or ‘Cheap Shop’ as I call it) is well named and definitely helps to bring the cost of living down a bit.   ‘B & M (Leven) is expanding into the former Argos site; when that is done it will be about the same size as the Glenrothes (B & M) store.   Levenmouth has


always had shops that were not in the ‘Rip Off Britain’ league.   After a bowl of soup at Alice’s I came home and had loads of time to go to the ‘Drop in Cafe’ in the kirk hall.   Honor was telling me that Jock was busy making a steak and kidney pie for dinner.  Honor is so lucky having  Jock (sometimes John) spoiling her all the time!

On leaving the ‘Drop In Cafe’ I went to the harbour then up to Kinneuchar to get a few sundown time photographs.   I was glad to get back home and get the kettle ‘on’.

Having gulped down the aforementioned cuppa I made another one and then set about


making a small batch of Cottage Pies for the freezer.   That has been done and they are cooling off as I type.

‘Nae plan’ for tomorrow;  but, if the sky we had at sunset is anything to go by, we should have a bonnie day, albeit a cold one again.   I think I’ll have a ‘rest day’ tomorrow.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....