Bonnie, crisp morning ....

27th January 2023 (Friday)    09.30.... it’s a cracker’  o’ a mornin’... “bright,
sunny ... and -2C”, so it lacks the Spring like feel that the past couple of days had, but a bonnie day for being out.   I was ‘out’ in the garden up by The Hutte at 02.15, looking for, (and taking photographs of the starry sky), the comet.   It wasn’t as cold as I’d expected at that time;  but I was well wrapped up.   The mission to find the comet was unsuccessful, but I did get photographs of the stars....The Plough constellation in particular.   I have since checked (and found out) that it (the comet) will be roughly two thirds of the distance from the ‘pointer’ stars of The Plough to the Pole Star (at the end of the tail of the Little Plough).   I need a clear sky again tonight .... and a long catnap this afternoon.   I wrote that so that it is now embedded in the brain cell and I know where to point the camera.... if the sky is clear!    I need another cuppa.

23.30    After morning coffee I decided to go to the Co-op (Ainster) to do a shopping.    I only buy necessities now....no ‘goodies’;  and I don’t hang about .... nae browsing.   I think that is how it is going to be for the foreseeable future.   

I didn’t go out on the bike;  in fact I had a good sleep in the afternoon.... brought on by my


star gazing at 02.00 in the morning.  The sky clouded over in the afternoon so I thought there would no star gazing tonight.   However the cloud cover broke up a bit in the evening so I set a camera up on the tripod and tried to get some shots of Orion, in between the clouds that were drifting over now and again.   The wind was annoying so I didn’t get many sharply focussed photos but I was happy enough with the few that did come out.   The camera is still on the tripod so if the sky is clear at 02.00 I might have a go at looking for the comet.    It is easy enough to find where it is in the sky... the pointers of the Plough point to the comet and the Pole Star.   In fact tomorrow night the Pole Star and the comet will be fairly close as we see them from Mother Earth.

This is a late night for me so I most likely won’t waken up in the middle of the night;  if that is the case I need a clear sky on Saturday night.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....