Mild with showers ....

7th January 2023 (Saturday)    08.00 .... It’s mild with hardly a breath of


wind this morning.... but the wind is forecast to freshen, and we’re to have ‘light showers with strong winds later in the afternoon..   We’ve already had a heavy shower, so it’s going to be a day of mixed weather.... and I’m looking for ‘sunny spells’ in the mix.  

10.15    I had hope the sky would have a more promising look to it by now but, sadly, that is not the case;  it’s dreich, so I haven’t been anywhere.  When I go up to meet Alice off the bus I’ll get a paper ....and we can have a run down to the ‘arbour.;  hopefully by that time the sun will be breaking through.  

20.30    After a dreich beginning we ended up with bonnie day; and loads of interesting sky to play with.   I went up to Elie to meet Alice off the bus, and pick up the paper;  Myra arrived at about the same time to pick up her paper so we chatted for  a bit before  Myra actually went for her paper.   I then sheltered in the bus stop (the rain was ‘on and off’ at this time) until the X60 arrived... and Alice louped out.   Alice was bearing gifts (Eccles cakes)so we set off for Balbuthie, saw that the sun was breaking through over by Edinburgh so I turned about at the Balbuthie road end and went to the harbour.    Alice admired the scenery and I took some photos of the moody skies, before we bumbled back to Ivy to put the kettle on and devour the Eccles cakes.


We chatted for a while... then had a quick look at the garden before having a bowl of soup (Scotch Broth my make).  It was ‘nae bad’.... followed by what I said was mousse, but was in fact raspberry trifle.  We had another cuppa, and finished sorting out the world, before I took Alice back home.   ‘The Boy’ has had a busy and enjoyable day.

I am tired again tonight;  I think it’s because I lay and read my book until midnight last night.  Mind you... I then slept through until 06.45.    One thing I know that wasn’t the cause;  ‘work’.   It’s an early night in bed tonight: In fact I’ll make my chocolate, then browse the TV Channels and try to be in bed by 21.30.

Tomorrow is forecast to be a ‘good drying day’ (my words not the Met Office) so I may

Saipem 3000

do a woollen wash first thing in the morning.   The wind is to freshen tonight them moderate in the morning, down to the strength of wind that I need for the perfect drying day, for a woollen wash!  I’m a happy boy.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....