Bright and breezy ....

11th January 2023 (Wednesday)    09.45 .... We have a bright and breezy


morning....with a bit of wind chill, so it is cool.    I’ve been for the paper and to the harbour;  where I sheltered in one of my ‘oot o’ the wind’ corners.  It wasn’t a spectacular sunrise but it was bonnie.   I’m feeling ‘bright eyed and bushy tailed’ today (there’s a lot of oxygen blowing around);  if the wind moderates I might go out later in the afternoon.



21.00   I set off to go to the bank (B of S) in Leven, but when I got to Leven I discovered I’d forgotten the paperwork that I wanted clarified, so that idea was cancelled.   I’ve discovered that I can do it on the phone so that’s a job for tomorrow.    When in Leven I went to Sainsbury’s then up to annoy Alice... and have a cuppa, a chat and a bowl of Alice’s soup for lunch.   We sorted out the world before I set off for Ivy.


You won’t believe this: on the way to Leven I was passing the Silverburn Park entrance when I saw what looked like a red traffic light ahead.   I thought “no ...it can’t be!”   It was:  a set of temporary traffic lights!   I don’t know what’s going on with that road but it has to be one of the favourite roads in Fife for digging up.   Anyway I got through that, after a four minute wait,  and did  Sainsbury’s before making for the ‘Iron Brig’, which I cross on the way to visit Alice... and found another set of temporary traffic lights being set up.  I suspect that they will be to make single file traffic over the bridge... if it is it is long overdue.

The ‘Bawbee Brig’ had been re-opened for the festive season but has now been made


single file traffic again using temporary traffic lights;  with a much longer time sequence than the lights were set at before the festive season.  That was about a seven minute wait.   It had been an enjoyable trip to Leven .... but frustrating.

After a relaxing afternoon coffee, I went out to post a letter and down to the harbour.    I didn’t linger down there .... mostly because it was spitting rain... and not very warm.

KY9 is going to have ‘strong winds and rain’ tomorrow;  I’ll do some ‘ousework and drawing.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....