Frosty morning ....

16th January 2023 (Monday)    08.15   It’s frosty (-2C) ... and we’ve had a


light shower of snow, so it’s back to a spell o’ wintry weather.    We should have ‘wall to wall’ sunshine most of the time;  but it will be cool.   I might go for a wander to the beach.... once the sun warms the air up.   Sunrise is at 08.33, but there’s bank of low cloud, so the actual ‘sunrise’ won’t be visible.   However.... anticipating the frost lifting quickly, once the sun does get up, I have a washing going through the machine.

12.00    What a difference the sunshine makes:  I get the urge to do things.  For some reason the Pony Field came into my mind so I togged up and had a wander up the road.   I met Brian, on his way home after circumnavigating ‘The Ferry, on what is a bonnie, but cauld day.   We chatted then went our separate ways;  Brian to meet Moira at the clubhouse and me to the Pony Field.  I enjoyed my daunder but it is cold when out in the wind;  and there’s ‘nae hiding place’ at the Pony Field so I was ‘out in the wind’.   It was an enjoyable half hour or so .... but I was ready for a cuppa when I got back to Ivy. 

18.15  The washing froze when I first hung it out but thawed out and dried once the frost lifted: it as been ironed and will ready to put away tomorrow.   In the middle of the afternoon I had a run to the harbour and was surprised to see people out walking.  There’s no doubt about it the villages are much busier;  in the ‘old days’ (pre COVID) they would be busy at weekends only, at this time of year.   Mind you, in Earlsferry a lot of vehicles are workmen's vans!  





22.00   I must make an appointment to have my haircut;  I feel like I’m growing my own blanket just now.    Mind you it has been cold today... and it’s going to be cold for another couple of days.... I don’t want to be too hasty;  growing my own blanket wouldn’t be a bad idea.   Anyway that’s the ‘plan’ for tomorrow... make an appointment with Linda.... and have a wee walk round Elie High Street with the camera;  if it isn’t too cauld.

As is my routine, when I left the harbour I came home by way of Balbuthie and


Kinneuchar:  the village looked very picturesque in the late afternoon sun.  I must take the camera up there some afternoon and have a wee wander.   

 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....