Spring like morning ....

26th January 2023 (Thursday)    09.15....It’s a Spring like morning.... one of


those morning that makes me want to ‘work’!    I’ll do some ‘ooverin’ and dustin’ after breakfast, then get the bike oot and go to Elie Estate.   We’re going to the 19th for lunch so the main food intake is taken care of.

16.00    Kirsty’s birthday lunch at the 19th was very enjoyable;  as ever the company (four because Janet joined ‘The Team’) and food was excellent... we all had three courses!  It was a very enjoyable couple of hours.... and ...I think it’s the first time I have been out with three girls.   The chat around the table was wide ranging , and included  Geoff,.... and the fact that we would celebrate his 80th birthday in July.   We had hoped to see the comet tonight but the sky has clouded over so that won’t happen.  It’s visible for a few more days so we could get lucky and get a clear sky.   I shall now go and make myself a cuppa before settling down in front of the tele.... to fall asleep.

18.30    There’s a caulder feel to the air tonight.... and we might wake up to a touch of frost in the morning.   Today had been a Spring like day (until the sky clouded over).... and  I enjoyed it.   Biking through the estate was really good and made me feel that I am on my way back to being my ‘auld normal’.   I feel that I am well on the way to shaking off the long COVID.   I’ve enjoyed being on the bike again;  if it isn’t too cold I’ll go out again tomorrow.



21.00   On Skype tonight ‘M’ (New Zealand) had a keeker o’ a black eye and a badly bruised haund;  she had tripped and fallen at her front door.   She was able to get back into the house and contact her daughter Shirley, who lives in the same town.   Thankfully nothing is broken, but her hand looks really sair.  It will be a day or two before she can go out for even a short walk.   Its summer in New Zealand, and Otaki gets loads of sunshine so that will cheer her up.

I don’t have a ‘plan’ for tomorrow;  ‘sunny intervals with a gentle breeze’ is the


forecast... after a cold start to the morning; more of a wintry air rather than Spring.  If I do go out on the bike it will be nearer lunchtime; I’ll be well wrapped up. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....