Breezy ....


8th January 2023
(Sunday)     07.15.... It’s still dark, though the southeastern sky is starting to lighten;  and it looks like being a bonnie day.  I have a couple of jerseys going through the machine just now so I’m looking a brisk breeze with sunny spells.  I’ll go for the paper after I hang the jerseys out on the line.

21.00    It was breezy when I went for the paper and;  and especially windy at the harbour;  however it was fine in my sheltered corner.   I thought about going onto the harbour beach but it would have meant wading through a whole load of seaweed so I abandoned that idea.   It would have been really windy on the beach anyway.   I went back home and put the kettle ‘on’.... before scanning the paper over morrrrrrrrrrrrrning coffee.


The woollen wash I’d hung out at 07.30 was dry by lunch time;  in fact I wish I’d washed the single bed  linen too;  however there will be other ‘drying days’... and tomorrow could be one of them.

The wind moderated in the afternoon and I had a run to the harbour at sunset time;  it wasn’t a spectacular sunset but there was a soothing look to it.   There was still a light breeze at the time,  but it wasn’t cold.  

Today Sky News has been letting us see just how some Members of Parliament can ‘supplement’ their salary (basic MP salary £84,144 plus expenses and perks) with second ‘jobs’.... and the second jobs aren’t paid in ‘peanuts’.   Furthermore... they are the people that have the audacity to say that we can’t afford to pay hard working people a living wage.   As far as I can see MP’s are in danger of being viewed as mistletoe growing on a host tree;  but less useful!   To rub salt in the wound someone  came on the programme  and defended their right to ‘second jobs’!   It’s time for the next Reformation!

As yet I have ‘nae plan’ for tomorrow  though I might get the bike out and take a


short 
run round the villages to discharge the battery.   I don’t think it’s going to be quite so breezy tomorrow.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....