Showers ....

3rd January 2023 (Tuesday)   08.30 ....I got togged up to go to the beach to


catch the sunrise.... then it started to rain.   The rain wasn’t much of a surprise, because the forecast is ‘sleet showers with a moderate breeze’....  bit of a disappointment though.
I’ll have breakfast and hopefully, get out later.   It’s not a bonnie morning now... in fact it’s dreich.

09.45    I’m feeling sluggish this morning but that’s understandable:  last night I dreamt that I was in the remains of the SMC office (Cyprus).   Ye Gods it was realistic.... but empty... as was the Royal Signals Office next door.    I Googled ‘Episkopi Cantonment’ to find that the site is now a Car Park:  in fact that is one of the most noticeable differences from 1959.... car parking spaces all over the place.   The golf course is looking good;  it had only been cleared in 1959.   Our accommodation block is still there but has been upgraded.... with car parking spaces!


16.00    I always think that the first few days of a new year are lack lustre, especially so on a grey and sometimes damp kind of day.   I’ve had a lazy day;   I browsed and re-browsed the TV Channels then gave up.... and fell asleep anyway.   I’d have been fine if I’d got to the beach at the start of the day but that wasn’t to be.   I've had a perfunctory search through all my known secret places for a sketch plan with measurements that I'd like to find,  but haven’t found it yet:  I’ll try the Top Secret places that I have forgotten about next.   The problem there of course, is that I’ve forgotten where they are.   Oh well;  ‘kettle on’ time I’m thinkin’.   It’s not vital that I find this particular sketch but it would save me doing the measuring again.

18.00    Ever since I woke up this morning, having dreamt about the SMC office in


Cyprus, I have been feeling ‘low’.  I guess it’s because in my dream the complex was out of use and dilapidated.   When computers came in there would be no need for a Staff Message Control office.  Furthermore.... the dream reminded me that I am 60 years older than I was then;  and the fact that I didn’t get to the beach at sunrise wouldn’t help.   I’m feeling happier now that this day is coming to an end.   

21.30    I never got out with the camera today so we have three photographs from the archive;  year 2006.   And... I have a ‘plan’ for tomorrow;  Alice is bound to be needing ‘annoying’, and I’m good at that;  so I’ll go to Leven for a wee shopping and mooch a cuppa from Alice.   I’ll wear my most pathetic moochin’ face.... that never fails.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....