Breezy ....

22nd January 2023 (Sunday)   08.30.... if it wisnae windy and overcast, with


a touch of dampness in the air it would be a bonnie morning;  but it is so it isnae.  It’s a stay in and warm kind of morning.   There was a bit of red in the sky but I only had a fleeting thought of going to the beach;  the kettle was coming to the boil!    ‘Thick cloud and fresh breeze is the forecast’:  throw in a few ‘sunny spells’ and I’d be a ‘happy boy’.



10.30    I haven’t been anywhere yet; actually I’m feeling sluggish after a broken night’s sleep;   a catnap would probably be a good ‘plan’.    The sky brightened up for a bit, and we had a sunny spell but it is mostly grey again.    I’m going to make the coffee, then find something to watch on the tele... and fall asleep.

16.00   I found something to watch on the tele... but didn’t fall asleep ‘cos it was an interesting nature programme.   It will be an early night in bed tonight!    When it finished I went out in the car:  the ‘plan’ was to take a slow wander out to the lighthouse.   When I stepped out of the car at Woodhaven the ‘plan’ was immediately changed;  it was bitterly cold.   In spite of the cold the East Links was busy with.... well wrapped up folk I should say.   A couple of men were water skiing;  well one of them
Woodhaven Bay - Elie.

skiing the  other towing him with a ‘Seadoo’.    It looked cold but they were wearing wet suits so I guess it wasn’t too bad.   I felt colder just watching them.   Brave boys.   I came home by way of Balbuthie and Kinneuchar.   The loch has a big population of swans just now with visitors dropping in from colder, ice and snow bound climes.    Aberdeenshire!

The sunny spells I looked for in the afternoon never appeared ....and the wind-chill kept the temperature way down.    Not a good day for me being out but I fancied blowing the cobwebs away.   I think it’s time for an afternoon coffee.... and a ‘goodie’.

21.30    It has been a bit cold:  I have enjoyed myself, but that raw cold brings on the

Kinneuchar loch.

asthma.   I was well wrapped up but breathing in the cold damp air is the problem;  I guess I should stay in   ‘Light cloud and a moderate breeze’ is the forecast... and it should be warmer according to the weather lassie a few minutes ago.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....