Bonnie morning ....

30th January 2023 (Monday)    11.00 .... The main mission of the day has


been done;  I biked along to Elie and handed in my prescription... so I can relax.   There’s loads going on all over the villages:  Shona’s Ice Cream shop is having a  new floor laid today, The Ferry High Street is ‘Closed’ to traffic,...the work on the three houses on Chapel Green Road going on apace;  and has  been recorded for posterity;  and, finally, When I went down to the harbour (in the car) to catch the sunrise I tangled up wi’ an abandoned traffic cone and it unclipped the end of the lower fairing along the front of the car.   There’s nae damage done but the fairing needs to be clipped on again.... not something I can do nowadays so I’ll tie it up and the mechanic can clip it on again when it goes for in for a service;  or... I could remove it altogether and put it in the boot.   It’s ‘booked in’ but had to be rescheduled due to the mechanic illness.  Since then I have enjoyed going ‘roond the villages’ on the bike.

14.00    I have discovered that the bit of plastic dangling from the front of the car is screwed on... not clipped as I’d hoped.    Since then I’ve had a go at cutting it off so that I can at least use the car, but that’s proving difficult;  for me now.... a few years ago it would have been a dawdle.   However  I’m not needin’ to go anywhere in the car anyway:  but I might go out on the bike again.... after a cuppa.

20.00   This has been a cracker o’ a day... bright sunny, and warm for the time of year.   I took advantage of this and went out for a run up to Grangehill  in the afternoon;  I’d have gone further but the battery was low.   The ‘plan’ is to go out early for the paper, then charge up the battery so that, weather permitting, I can go for a longer run in the afternoon.    In between bike runs I’ll try to cut off the bit of plastic that’s hanging loose at the front of the car;  and that is the ‘plan’ for tomorrow.

Although I have enjoyed myself today the unfortunate accident with the cone  spoiled


what would have been one of the best days I’ve had since having COVID at the end of March!   I definitely feel that I have shaken off the long COVID;  the fact that I was able to do something about the car was another good sign.

 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....