Overcast and grey....

28th  January 2023 (Saturday)   09.00....  At this time the sky is heavily



overcast, but ‘sunny intervals and a light breeze’ is the forecast;  it should be ‘bonnie but cool’ by morrrrrrrning coffee time.   This will be a ‘rest day’ for me after my pottering around with the night time sky.  I’m feeling ‘almost bright eyed and bushy tailed’ just now;   but it’s not a ‘play day’.   The ‘plan’ is to get a chicken casserole going in the crock pot after breakfast.

16.30    As is my habit when I go or the paper I had a run down to the harbour;  there wasn’t a lot happening on the ground,  but the sky was moody so I had a good time with the camera before going home to organise the casserole.  That was done by 11.00 .... just t time for morrrrrning coffee.  


The sky began to clear by midday and I thought we’d have no problem seeing  the ‘Green Comet’;  finding it would be easy.... it’s alongside the Pole Star.  As I expected I fell asleep in the afternoon and when I woke up the sky had clouded over again... so it looks like we won’t see the comet tonight:  not unless the sky clears later.   I don’t want to have to go up to The Hutte at midnight:  having said that the wind is going to be much as it was last night so I wouldn’t be taking photographs anyway.    No... this is going to be a night in bed with my book.   Most likely tomorrow will have to be another rest day.

21.15   I always buy McVities Digestive biscuits when shopping and there is no shortage, but, over the past few weeks I have been disappointed to find no ‘digestives’ on the shelf.... as was the case yesterday in ‘the Store’;  and I have a shortage of digestives in other shops.   I guess people are being more selective when they buy and are bypassing the fancier biscuits.

I see that the RAC are complaining that the lower price for oil is not being reflected at


the ‘pumps’:  Nothing new there of course.   I remember the days when  the ‘customer was always right’.  Nowadays it’s the ‘investor that’s always right’... and the customer:... customers are duped into spending, at Rip Off Britain prices, (via glossy and never ending advertising)  hard earned money on stuff they don’t necessarily need.   That's going to change because the vast majority of folk won’t have the money to spend on ‘dreams’.   I must buy a lottery ticket sometime!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....