"Happy New Year" ....

1st January 2023 (Sunday)     00.45...  “Happy New Year to all” ... I hope


you had a good Hogmanay.   I saw the New Year in with the BBC Alba Ceilidh from Mallaig (so much for going to bed early).  ‘Fergie ‘(MacDonald) was the surprise ‘first foot’ so that was an especial bonus.   Maggie and I met him (and danced to his band) at Aviemore 25 years ago.    ‘Fergie', who was made and MBE in the New Years Honour's, joined the Glenfinnan Ceilidh Band to play a selection of tunes tonight.   I suppose I’d better get off to bed now;   I’ll have another wee Tamnavulin to finish off a brilliant evening.

08.45    Hmmmm..... there’s a light breeze bringing drizzle (low cloud) in off the North Sea, so I won’t be going to the beach until  later in the morning.;  the sky is showing promising breaks in the greyness!   The breeze is forecast to ‘back’ to the West by midday, so we should have sunny spells later.   At the moment it’s dreich.


10.00   I togged myself up to go out on the bike only to discover that it’s spitting rain so that ‘plan’ has been put on the back burner... and the kettle switched ‘on’.   I’ll have morning coffee and hope that the light rain has passed over by the time I’ve had the coffee... and a goodie.

14.00    We have the ‘sunny spells’ that were predicted, and the air is turning colder; that explains why there’s Yellow warning for ice for Fife tonight, through to midday tomorrow.  It’s a bonnie day now but I need to have a catnap after my New Years Day lunch.... sausages and mash.   This is the best sausages and mash I have ever made (it’s one of my favourites).... it’s the onion gravy that makes the difference, and I’ve  got it right at long last.

The annual Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra New Year’s Day Concert was on TV in the morning, and it was brilliant.   However I’m looking for something that will lullaby me to sleep now.

20.00    I’ve had a quiet day.   The light rain first thing prevented me from going out with

The Vienna Concert.

the camera... and I never went further than the garden all day.   It has been an enjoyable rest day.   The Christmas deco’s are down and things are back to normal in Ivy after the festive season.   “Sunny intervals and a gentle breeze” is forecast for tomorrow;  a good drying day!   I’ll do a washing tonight and get it on the line first thing! 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....