Bright and breezy morning ....

11th September 2021 (Saturday)   09.00 .... My thoughts are with my

Peace.

American friends on this, the 20th,  anniversary of the morally reprehensible terrorist attack on the Twin Towers in New York.  

We have had some overnight rain shows, but they are forecast to clear away by mid morning leaving us with a ‘sunny intervals with a moderate breeze’ day .... and feeling cooler.   It should be fine for our trip to ‘The Field of Hope’ at Ardross.


17.00    ‘JB’ went to Leven in the morning;  late morning.... in fact nearly early afternoon);  when ‘JB’ was doing that, and I finished the boiler cupboard, and even got some of stuff back on the shelves.

Marjory and Wilma.

After lunch we went to the ‘Field of Hope' at Ardross Farm Shop, and did the complete circuit.... backwards.   EPOH.  Do I hear ... “Well done 'JB' and Alber”   Yes! .... Well, I thought I did.   It was a bonnie, slightly breezy afternoon and the sunflowers were trying hard to be OOF (out of focus).   The ‘Field’ was busy and I am well pleased with the photos I got.   There were a few heavy looking shower clouds around, but they missed us:  until after we got home, and then washing on the line had an extra rinse.   It’s still on the line.

21.00    We decided to go up to Chapel Green after dinner;  roamin’ in the gloamin’  would be the best description.   It was a nice enough evening but cloudy, so it became dark quickly.    Dark enough for the lights on my bike to come on (they come on automatically when the light gets low.   I took a few photos but they’re only for my records .... not for display;   I didn’t have the tripod with me.

The ‘plan’ for tomorrow is to get the bikes out of the shed and make one serviceable for


‘JB’.   We also have the final Stage of the Tour of Britain, from Stonehaven to Aberdeen via the Cairn o’ Mount, Aboyne ,Tarland, Dunecht and numerous places in between those mentioned (all roads that I have driven many times):  the ‘Finish’ line is on the prom at Aberdeen.   We will be watching that.... I hope it’s clear enough for the helicopter to be airborne.   The aerial shots make all the difference.

23.59     My word.... the US Open final was exciting.   The match could have gone either way but ‘our’ Emma Raducanu triumphed over Leylah Fernandez.... finishing the game with a brilliant ace.    It was great watching two people playing tennis and neither of them ‘grunters’.     I can now get orf to bed, and have a good night's sleep.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....