Damp ....

27th September 2021 (Monday)     08.30 .... the dampness is due to clear

from the West later in the morning, to give us ‘sunny spells with the chance of showers’ in the afternoon’.    At the moment dust and pollution levels are ‘low’.    I’m going to have a quick(?) walk down to the High Street to get a ‘wet look photo.   

09.00    I wasn’t ‘iggzactly’ surprised to find the a lack of folk wandering around the High Street, when I went out, but .... the rain isn’t as heavy as it was, though the sky shows no sign of breaking up yet.   It’s not a nice morning for being ‘out and about’.


17.00    The afternoon turned out bright and breezy, with occasional blustery showers.... and a noticeable e drop in temperature.    I went out on the bike, the intention being to do the ‘villages tour’, but it began to spit rain when I was at Chapel Breen so that was as far as I went.   Lot of bonnie clouds around but the wind was cauld on the lugs.

19.00   My word;  it is cauld tonight.... I’ll have to fine tune the Central Heating for the winter soon.   Going by all we read in the papers and see on the TV News this is going to be a hard winter.   We’ve got COVID and ‘flu health concerns, and a lack of drivers to deliver food and fuel (Brexit).... let’s hope we don’t have a long cold winter.    That said there are always bonnie clouds around in winter so it’s not all doom and gloom.    

20.30     I hope to find something to watch on the tele at ‘chocolate time’;  if I can’t  find anything I’ll put on a ‘Shooglie Shooders’ DVD.... the scenery is always good on them.

I was supposed to pick up my new specs tomorrow, but a lassie (from Specsavers)

Arthur's Seat and Salisbury Crags (Edinburgh).

phoned to say that they wouldn’t be ready until next week.   That’s  tomorrow’s plan scuttled ;  now I need to think of something else to do.   I think the weather forecast is good for tomorrow morning, but iffy for the afternoon;  if it is fine in the morning I’ll go out on the bike first thing.... then potter about in the afternoon.    Must ‘go’ ... slight flap on;  got chocolate to make.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....