Sunflowers ....

3rd September 2021 (Friday)    11.30 .... It’s a damp, misty morning, and the


forecast for the whole day isn’t ‘iggzactly’ exciting, though we might get lucky and have a few ‘almost sunny spells’ later in the afternoon, and evening.  

I’ve been for the paper (in the car);  and remembered to get the paper.... and picked up my watch.  Ian had set it to the correct time;  not a job I am very good at... so ‘Thank You Ian’ for doing that.   Feel free to ask me the time... I’m working on real time now;  not Ivy Cottage time.

After the paper I set off to go to the harbour but there was a lorry doing a delivery at ‘The Ship Inn’ so I diverted up Admiralty Lane and back to the A917 and came home via Balbuthie, Kinneuchar and Colinsburgh Filling Station.   I stopped at the Ardross lay-by to get a few photos of the Ardross Sunflower maze;  which is being officially opened, by our Minister Rev. Douglas Creighton,  tomorrow at 10.30.    All the money raised from the entrance fee, goes towards local charities.


17.00   It has just occurred to me that I can actually invite folk into Ivy again.... at least I think that’s the latest ‘rool’s;   especially since Janice de- man caved Ivy.   Mind you I have been slowly ‘re- man caving Ivy’.... as I find things that got ‘lost’.     Ye Gods .... I’d better get the ‘oover out!   Oh;  ‘JB’ has a bed to fall into next week.... the hardest job was getting the downie back into its cover.

It has been a ‘dreary’ kind of day... all day (up till now) without even the threat of a sunny spell.   The bike has never even been looked at today.

21.30    The day ended wet ... as in, really wet, with heavy Scotch Mist;  luckily I found something to watch on the TV for part of the evening.   I hope this weather has cleared away by tomorrow morning;  the wind is supposed to veer towards the southeast so it


should be warmer, and (hopefully) drier, for the opening of the Ardross Farm ‘Hope’ maze.   I plan to bike along to Ardross but if it’s wet, that will not happen.   At the moment it’s a miserable, dark and wet evening.   It’s chocolate time.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....