Overcast .....

4th September 2021 (Saturday)     08.00 .... There was blue sky first thing,


but the blue has been replaced by grey, as low cloud, from the North Sea drifts over.   It looks like we are going to have another dull day;  but, although it has been wet overnight, it is ‘dry’ now.... but there’s a good chance of drizzle by the look of the sky.   On the other, more positive, hand, .... we might get a few short sunny spells.    Unfortunately, the ground will be wet for the opening of the Ardross Sunflower Maze, and wellies the recommended footwear.   I’ll probably wait until the ground is dry (and the sun shining) before walking through the maze.  

18.00    On my afternoon run out on the bike, I ended up at the ‘Field of Hope’;  the sunflower maze at Ardross Farm.   I thought the ground would be wet after the damp night/morning, but it was bone dry; certainly didn't need wellies!  It wasn’t the sunniest of days for visiting the sunflowers;  they were looking for the sun as much as I was.... but sunflowers are always happy looking things.... even on a grey day like today.   I enjoyed my wander among them;   but, I’ll wait until we have a sunny, calm day for my next visit.  


20.00     On my way home this afternoon I came through Elie, by way of The Terrace, where I met, and chatted to, David (Peebles) out with his dog....   the Breakwater, then along to The Ferry and up to Chapel Green... all on my way to a well earned cuppa at Ivy Cott.   By this time the air was beginning to feel cold and I was glad to be home...  with the kettle at the ‘on’ position.

‘JB’s bedroom is more or less ready to be occupied;   I’ll give the furniture a quick dust and polish.   I have until Wednesday to do that.   Getting the downie back intae it’s cover was the worst job;  that said, it’s easier now that I turn the cover inside out and shake the downie into the cover.    Better than the auld way; this involved crawlin’ aboot inside the cover, trying to get the downie intae the corners.

What am I going to do tomorrow?    The KY 9  weather forecast is better for tomorrow;  ‘sunny intervals and a gentle breeze’.   I’ll go for the paper aboot 08.00 then charge the bike up when I get back to Ivy;  that way if I feel in the mood  to go oot tae play.... I can.   

I’m orf to put the kettle ‘on, and have a browse through the TV channels to see if there’s


anything I fancy watching.   If not I’ll put on one of the  ‘Shooglie Shooders’ DVD’s ....they’re always good for a laugh.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....