Windy ....

22nd  September 2021 (Wednesday)   09.30 .... we have breezy morning,

with a lot of cloud about;  however we get frequent short sunny spells.  There’s a chance of showers in the afternoon.    The washing (I forgot about it last night) is dry, but I think a pillow slip might be on its way to May Island.... which is hardly surprising considering the wind we’ve had.   I’m feeling frisky this morning and I remembered to go for the paper(s)... but didn’t go to the harbour;  it would be blawin’ a hoolie’ .  

My cousin Mabel’s funeral service is in Kintore Kirk on Friday so I’m trying to work out the best way to get there.   I haven’t done any real driving for a couple of years so I’m a bit apprehensive of doing the journey by car;  which is how I would normally travel.   I’ll check the train times from Kirkcaldy and phone Ian tonight.   ‘Slight flap on’....I need another cuppa.


16.00    I see spots of light rain on the window, which is no surprise because we have had a threatening sky for most of the afternoon;  but I don’t think it will come to much.   I won’t be going out with the camera this evening.

This has been a, much needed, ‘rest day’ for me.    I have checked out the train timetable;  but I don’t whether to just bite the bullet and drive up.   I’ll phone Iain tonight.    The only ‘work’ I’ve done is wash, and iron, the white shirt I wore yesterday. 

   21.30    We have had a dreich evening, but the ‘dreichness’ is supposed to peter out tomorrow morning, leaving us a ‘partly cloudy with a fresh breeze’ day.... much the same as today.   This is the time of equinoctial gales;  we had  the Autumnal Equinox today;  that’s when the sun crosses the Celestial Equator and day and night are of approximately equal length.

I cannae say that I am tired tonight because I haven’t done anything;  though I did


venture out on the bike to post a letter... and take a few photographs.    That was immediately after I’d been for the paper in the car, having left the letter lying on the kitchen worktop. 

‘M’ is getting back to normal in New Zealand having been to ‘housie’ yesterday morning, but the afternoon bowls were off due to light rain .   It’s good seeing her get back to ‘normal’.

I have a few options to mull over re going to Kintore on Friday:  Mabel and her brothers, Doug and Ernie, were the first cousins I actually remember meeting (at Birse) along with their Mum and Dad, Auntie Ella and Uncle Doug, the first Auntie and Uncle I remember meeting ....  when I was 4.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....