Brilliant day ....

7th September 2021 (Tuesday)     23.00 .... It has been an absolute stunner

Dave, Douglas and Scottie on the third tee.

of a day and I have been had a satisfying mix of work and play.  First thing I went for the paper, and ended up at the harbour.   There was a lot of cloud about at that time, but the sun was trying to break through, so there was actually a bonnie ‘light’.    I went out to the end of the pier to see if the young Guillemots were still there... and they were.  The camera battery had to be changed, but the Guillemots appeared to be catching something so I got a few pictures of that.   The best photo of the morning was one of a lady walking back along the beach to ‘The Ferry’.   From the harbour I went up to Chapel Green where I met Angela and ‘Alfie’ (dog) out for their morning walk.   Angela and her husband are now ‘Ferry folk’, having bought ‘White Cottage’.  

'Kittiwake'.

On my way along Links Road I suddenly fancied some brambles.... so I went up to the Pony field, ate a few brambles (they’re nearly finished),and  met Scottie, Dave and Douglas who were playing golf.   I got a few action shots of them on the third tee and at the third green.    By this time I was feelin’ peckish so went home and had breakfast, downloaded the photos I’d taken, and put the bike battery on to charge.  After breakfast, instead of ‘playing’ with the photographs, I washed the bathroom, kitchen and lobby floors.... before loupin’ intae the car and going up to the baker’s for bread ... and two scones.   

After a sandwich for lunch (I’m on a diet) I set about making some Cottage Pies for the freezer..... before finally getting round to looking through the photos I’d downloaded.   In between times I was keeping an eye on The Tour of Britain;  today’s stage was an 18 kilometre Team Time Trial.   

At the end of all that I discovered that I had a fully charged battery on the bike.... and a

Mr 'B' having a cuppa.

stunner of an afternoon;  so I went out on the bike.   The tide was in and I had seen a yacht out on the bay so the harbour was the first stop.  The yacht I’d seen was back in the harbour, but Mr ‘B’ was out in ‘Sundance’....and David and Gordon in ‘Kittiwake’.  The end of the pier is my favourite spot on days like today.... especially at high tide.     There was a lot of activity on the water but it of a serene nature.... paddle boarders mostly just ambling around the bay.   It was lovely.    I came home by way of Elie Estate, and enjoyed a cuppa and scone, after a really enjoyable bumble out on the bike.

We’re forecast to have ‘sunny intervals and a gentle breeze’ tomorrow.... pretty much the same as we had today.    It was hot this afternoon.... 24C in Ivy garden at one time.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....