Diamond Wedding Anniversary ....

9th September 2021 (Thursday)     08.30 .... Today is the Diamond


Anniversary of one of the (if not ‘the’) best days of my life;  the day I married Maggie.  I will have celebratory cake and a toast at Chapel Green sometime today.... assuming the weather is okay.    There’s a reasonable chance of light rain showers.    ‘JB’ and I will celebrate after dinner.... with ‘After Dinner Mints’.    I see that the wind has backed to the East again, however, although it is cloudy it is a nice morning, but cooler than the past few days. 

I feel frisky this mornin’.... which is surprising;   I expected my muscles to be stiff after all the work I did yesterday.     Must ‘go’ .... slight ‘flap on’ today;  got the back panels to cut down and fit on the cupboard before putting it back in the boiler cupboard.

10.30    Well the ‘chance of light rain showers’ turned out to be nearly right;  the showers we’ve just has wisnae ‘light’ and it lasted for nigh on half an hour.... so nae morning coffee at Chapel Green.    ‘JB’ would have had ‘After Dinner Mints’ after dinner.... except I forgot to buy ADM’s (I’ve been to ‘The Store’) so we’ll have to find something else.    Pittenweem Road, the one going into Anstruther is being re-surfaced (long overdue) so, temporary traffic lights/Convoy system is in operation.    I came home by the ‘back road’.


23.00    ‘JB’ arrived about 17.30 after an uneventful journey with the only rainy period being on the Biggar road.     Although it has been overcast and dull most of the day here,  the rain sort of faded away by lunch time, and it has been dry and warm since.... a better description would be ‘muggy’.  

‘JB’ and I had a walk to the beach after dinner.... it was dull but there was a bonnie ‘light’ about;  you could see the dark ‘heavy rain clouds’ way down towards the Borders.    We didn’t have the beach to ourselves; there were a couple of dog walkers, someone having an evening swim, and a couple walking hand in hand.... I liked that, in fact I felt quite envious.

‘JB’ and I are going to Kirkcaldy tomorrow morning, then along to Ardross in the afternoon to buy some ready meals.   I’ll go for the paper first thing then put the bike on charge.   ‘JB’ can use ‘Grannie’s bike, and we’ll have a bumble through Elie Estate sometime.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....