Grey morning ....

2nd September 2021 (Thursday)    08.30 .... My word .... the weather

Leven.

forecasters said it would be a grey start to the day... and grey it is.   I expect the sun to break through by 11.17 to give us a bonnie afternoon.   Well... that’s what I hope will happen.   I am contemplating having my haircut, hopefully today.   I’ll phone after 09.00 to see if I can be fitted in;  I might even have a ‘sit in’ cuppa  .... if I feel brave enough.    I’ve been for the paper, but didn’t go to the harbour, choosing to come home by way of Balbuthie and Kinneuchar, for a change of scene;  I was in the car.  

 22.30   I managed to get an appointment to get my haircut, so that was today’s mission.   Leven High Street was quiet.... there’s a weary look about the High Street;   in fact everywhere I went in Leven was ‘weary looking’.    It used to be such a vibrant place too.   Perhaps it was the grey kind of day that made me feel Leven was drab lookin:  it was lively in the hairdresser’s.... I enjoyed the chit chat and happy atmosphere.     On the way home I went to Lidl’s for a browse, and to buy some bits and pieces.   The shop was

Leven.

quiet, and the customers that were in seemed to just want to get on with their shopping;  I spoke to the check out lassie.... she was pleasant enough, but not enthusiastic.   The next time I go to Leven I’ll pick a sunny day;  I need to make an appointment to have my eyes tested;  I’ll do that tomorrow.   I actually meant to do it when I was in Leven today but forgot.

The roads were busy so there must still be a lot of holidaymakers about;  or, could it be that the East Neuk has a lot more full time residents now?   It will be interesting to see how busy the roads are next month.

I’ve just seen the weather forecast for tomorrow;   it’s not going to be gloriously sunny

Leven.

according to Sarah.   I don’t have a ‘plan’ for tomorrow.... but I do have a fully charged battery on the bike:  however if it’s a grey day I won’t be going far.

This has been a kind of ‘rest day’ for me;  but I did go up to Elie on the bike later in the morning.   My watch had stopped, so I handed it in to Ian’s to have a new battery fitted.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....