Quiet and peaceful .....

29th September 2021 (Wednesday)    07.00 ...I was ‘up’ (05.30) and rarin'


to go for sunrise.... unfortunately there is a bank of low cloud so sunrise won’t be visible at sunrise time (07.14).    I’ll have another cuppa.... then catch the sun coming up from behind the low cloud.   It looks like being a bonnie day.... with only a light breeze, though it will freshen later.  

10.00    Although sunrise wasn’t visible we had a bonnie sky when the sun eventually started to break through the low cloud;   when I did the ‘villages tour’.    I had intended going further ,but decided to do that later in the day once the temperature had risen..... there’s a chilly air just now.

The villages were quiet;  I chatted to Stuart when down at the harbour.... he couldn’t stop long as he had to go home to get Lorraine’s breakfast organised;  he spoils that girl.   All was quiet around the villages;  I saw swimmers (heads) off the Breakwater,  a lady walking her dogs at Boat Wynd, and ‘Breadwinner’  (Captain Latto) at his creels off Chapel Green.    I enjoyed my morning.... but still have to go for the paper.


16.00    I had a very relaxing bike up to Kinneuchar on what has been a beautiful afternoon.    The plan was to go to Balcarres but I got sidetracked and used up too much battery.   I don’t think I’ll be going to Balcarres tomorrow;  unless it’s in the car.... the weather forecast is ‘light rain in the morning,.... the afternoon  brighter but windier’



19.00    It is cold this evening;  it was warm sitting in The Hutte doing a Soduko, but as soon as I stepped outside ... brrrr... it felt November-ish.    That said.... I have had a good ‘play day’;  tomorrow I’ll be doing computer stuff in the morning...... and in the afternoon if it’s as windy as is forecast.    I must remember to go for the paper(s) tomorrow;  if there’s a braw ‘light’ about I get sidetracked.

21.30    I’ve been watching people ‘prospecting’ for gold in the Australian outback ;  this


reminded me of when Jimmy bought a metal detector at a Car Boot sale, and we went detecting on the beach.   All we found was a lot of nails (which we put in a bin) and a two pence coin..... and.... I had a stiff arm for two days, I was the one swinging the detector.   This thing was a like an ex-army WWII mine detector.... heavy.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....