Another beautiful morning ....

8th September 2021 (Wednesday)    10.00 ....we have another bonnie start to


the day ....with some mist and cloud giving it that autumnal look;  perfect morning for getting out and about.   I have been for the paper(s), and to the harbour.... actually I could have stayed there a lot longer, it was so calming.   I got a load of photos to play with later;   I was lucky again this morning.... a lady walked the beach, all the way from the Ferry, to the ‘loch run burn’ at the harbour, bringing ‘life’ into the photos.   By the time I left the harbour there was quite a lot of people out enjoying the early morning sunshine.



21.30   Well I have had a great day.   The weather was ‘bright sunny and warm/hot, I finished cutting down a cupboard so that it fits below the new boiler.... and today’s stage (around Wales) of the Tour of Britain was as exciting as any on ‘le Tour de France’.   The final climb to the Finish at the top of the Great Orme in Llandudno was amazing and ended up with Wout van Aert edging out Julian Alaphilippe.... both got the same time;  and both lay down on the grass.... totally empty, after a gruelling stage, with the

last 400 metres being horrendous.    The last hour was so exciting I had to watch it, more or less non-stop:  apart from the advert, so I have had a busy but enjoyable day   and I still have to check out half of the photographs I took this morning.   That will be a relaxing way to end the day.

Emma Raducanu, the young tennis player, has reached the semi-finals of the US Open at Flushing Meadows.   She wisnae supposed to reach this stage but continues to surprise everyone;  especially her opponents.

There’s the ‘chance of light precipitation’ tomorrow.... more likely in the afternoon.   I hope ‘JB’ disnae have to drive through too much wet weather:  cloudy is better than sunny for driving, but rain can be make ‘orrible driving conditions.   He is dropping his Mum off at Carlisle on the way, where he’ll have a cuppa, before setting off for Fife; hoping to miss the Edinburgh rush hour.   We’re having an Ardross steak pie for dinner tomorrow, so not much preparation required.... only tautties and vegetables.

It’s time to have the bedtime chocolate;  I suspect I won’t read much of my book tonight.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....