Beautiful morrrrrrrrning ....

20th September 2021 (Monday)     10.30 .... We have a bright and sunny


autumnal morning;  everything is where it should be;  including the washing I have on the line.   I’ve done the ‘paper run’, but got excited by the ‘light’ and....forgot the paper bit of the run.  There’s still a lot of reading in yesterday’s paper.    Anyway .... the washing is out and the bike ‘on charge’;  I’ll mull over the next part of ‘the Plan’ over morrrrning coffee.  




18.30    This ‘Boy’ has had a busy day;  so busy that I never went ‘out to play’ in the afternoon.... I have a fully charged battery on the bike for tomorrow morning.    The washing dried and has been ironed....I’ll make the bed up tomorrow.     I decided to make a batch of ‘Cottage Pies’ in the afternoon ,because the World Cycling Championships are being held, in Belgium), just now, and is being shown on the TV in the afternoons.    Today it was the Women’s Time Trial:  watching cycling fits in perfectly with my way of working in the kitchen;  and everywhere else.


21.00    I have Kenny’s (my niece Lesley’s partner) funeral tomorrow afternoon, in Kirkcaldy, so I thought I’d better check the car tyre pressures, and the ‘squirters’.... both jobs I do infrequently.   The tyres were ‘nae bad’ but have all been topped up as has the windscreen washer reservoir.

I meant to say earlier;  ‘His Nibs’ (local Heron) was on form this morning.    When I first saw him he was standing on a small sandbar across the middle of a pool.... and it looked good so he was well photographed.    Or so I thought.    I biked out to the harbour, and settle myself by the wall that overlooks Apple Rock, and who should flap his way in from the other side of the bay....  yes ...‘His Nibs’.   There he was, posing, right in front of me, (he must have been feeling photogenic this morning) .... so I got a few more,  portrait shots of him.   He’s an obliging bird is ‘His Nibs’.   Somebody might come up with a better name for him than ‘His Nibs’ ....but, that’s what I have always called him.

We’re going to have another bonnie day tomorrow.... ‘sunny intervals with a fresh


breeze’, though it might feel cool-(ish) in the wind.    I’ll do my biking early then get myself organised for Kirkcaldy.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....