Lovely morning ....

1st September 2021 (Wednesday)    08.30 .... it’s ‘bright, sunny and almost

Karen.

warm’ with a wall to wall blue sky.... a really bonnie morning.   Karen Penny, the round the coasts of Ireland and Britain walker, is leaving Leven at 09.00, so I am going out to Shell Bay to see if I can see her walking along Largo Bay beach;  she should be easy to find as some of the girls are going out on their horses to meet her there.    I haven’t been for my paper yet, but will pick that up nearer lunch time, when Karen should be in Elie....at Shona’s Ice Cream shop.    

20.00    It was such a bonnie morning, that I decided to go out to Shell Bay with plenty time to spare;  taking a flask o’ coffee and some ‘fundamental food’ (Tunnock’s Caramel Wafers... and banana) with me.   I’d have a picnic.  There’s a bridge that Karen and Jim (Parker) had to cross, when they came to the end of Largo Bay, and there’s a seat right next to the path, so I plonked myself on that.... and talked to loads of people out walking, with and without dogs).   I followed Griselda’s progress (on her pony) along Largo Bay beach;  she had almost got to Lower Largo before she phoned Karen to find out where


they were..   They had gone up onto the high path, through the dunes, which is why Griselda had missed them.   I followed Griselda’s progress back along the beach until she met up with Karen and Jim, and walked back with them to the Cocklemill Burn (at the south end of Largo Bay beach).    I got my photographs, then sped back to Ivy, had a swift cuppa, then went up to Chapel Green, from where I spotted them on the Ferry beach.   I eventually caught up with them as they came off the beach at Telfer Wynd.... on their way up to the Pavilion for lunch.   I didn’t go up to the ‘Pav’, .... by this time I was well ready for my lunch too, a Cottage Pie via microwave.  

20.0030    Tomorrow is going to be ‘rest day’ for me;  I have had a happy and busy(ish) day today: that reminds me, I still have the photographs I took, down at the harbour in the afternoon, to sort out.   The villages are quieter than they have been but we still have


a good number of visitors, and a lot of them were enjoying the beach.... and the water. 
As far as I can make out tomorrow is going to be another nice day, though it will be cloudier to start with.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....