Overcast and windy ....

24th September 2021 (Friday)   08.30 .... It’s cloudy and breezy... and ...


we had a ‘red sky’ so it looks like we’re in for mixed spell of weather;   which is not unusual around the equinox.     Instead of going to the harbour I went to ‘The Store’ to do a small shopping:  by the look of some of the shelves along there we’re going to have a tough winter.   It’s going to take a long time to shake off the effects of the pandemic;   we’re going to have to get used to a ‘new normal;   like the huge increase in the cost gas.... actually I’m  wondering where the extra money we’re paying for gas is actually going.   It’s got to be going into someone’s pocket.

22.00    It’s been a bonnie day... and warm even though it was windy;  it would have been a good drying day..... now I wish I’d done the woollen wash I’ve been meaning to do.   I’ll do that tomorrow.    Today has been  a quiet day:  I went up to Chapel Green for 13.00, the time of the Memorial Service for my cousin Mabel, in Kintore Kirk, .... and just reminisced and thought of happy things;  for instance it would be 79 years ago at this time of year that I first remember meeting Mabel.   It’s easy to think ‘happy’ at Chapel Green.   My ‘service’ lasted 40 minutes.


Back at Ivy I had a cuppa, then ironed yesterday’s washing.... and did a wee bit of ‘ousework.    I had intended going out on the bike again in the afternoon but forgot to put it on charge when I first got back from Chapel Green.    I have a fully charged bike battery, two fully charged camera batteries for tomorrow.    The wind is forecast to be much lighter tomorrow...  no more than F3 would mean we could have the Skiff Regatta and races.... and it should be warm and sunny;  hence the fully charged batteries.

I’m looking forward to another good night’s sleep;  last night I fell asleep about 23.00 and didn’t wake up until 05.45..... and I have been on the go ever since.   No wonder I feel tired tonight.   It’s chocolate time then orf to bed to read my book.   The book I’m


reading is written differently from normal, and I’m liking the way it’s done.   It’s also one of those you can’t put down.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....