Overcast and very wet ....

30th Sep 2021 (Thursday)     08.00 .... It’s a damp start to the day, as was

New 'Starbucks' _ Leven.

forecast;   the sky is overcast with light rain;   not a picturesque morning.   Not a morning for going out to play, (unless you have a dog).... it’s a morning for a good book.... or film on the tele.     I need to go to Leven so that will take care of ‘my’ morning:  the afternoon is supposed to be cloudy but dry.

10.30    Wellll .... I’ve been to Leven and got the stuff I wanted at B n’ Q’s... and the  ‘Cheap Shop’ next door.    There’s a new ‘Starbucks’ between  B n’ Q’s and the Bargain Store (Cheap Shop), and I can’t think of what was there before.   I think they must have acquired part of B n’ Q’s outside Garden Centre bit. And part of the back storage of the Bargain Store.   It’s ‘drive thru’ (their spelling) and that part was busy.... I didn’t see many people sitting in but it was early. 

The roads were busy and very wet.... however that mission is done, and I am now having ‘morning coffee;  and looking forward to some sunny spells later in the afternoon.

Curlew.

14.30    The sky looks  like it is clearing from the South,  with blue patches starting to appear.    I’ve been re-sealing round the bath.... not a favourite job but one that has to be done occasionally, when the old sealant begins to look ;  wellll .... just old.   I’ll have a cuppa to celebrate the sunny spells .... then get the bike out for a turn round the villages.

20.30    The sky brightened up and the roads dried (the sunny spells were few and far between) so I did the villages in the afternoon, .... up the Ferry Road and doon the Elie Road and into Elie via Park Place;  a change of direction for me.    Alan (Provan) was out walking ‘Jazz’ so I stopped and we had a blether .... mostly about local things, including local history.   We still have a good number of visitors in the villages.... and the beach was busier than I’d expected it o be.

Iain is coming down after he finishes work (Aberdeen) tomorrow.   He is staying the

Park Place - Elie.

night then we are going to Auchnagatt, where I will stay for a few days;   this will be the first time I have been out of Fife for 19 months:   I’m not sure how I would cope with longer distance driving, which is why Iain is coming down to pick me up.    Big ‘flap on’ tomorrow .... got a bag to pack. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....