Brisk wind (F4 -5) ....

23rd September 2021 (Thursday)     07.30 .... The light rain of last night


has moved away, and we now have a conveyor belt of clouds scuttling over on a brisk North-westerly wind;  the clouds remind me of a huge flock of sheep ‘M’ and I watched, being moved from one pasture to another, in New Zealand .... where a flock of sheep can number several thousand.   There is a scattering of blue patches through the clouds;  so we could get some sunny spells now and again.... and .... although breezy, it’s not as cold as I thought it would be.

15.00   I have thought through the options regarding attending Mabel’s Celebration of Life Service on Friday at Kintore Kirk.   Normally I would have driven up without thinking anything of that, but not having driven any distance, or on major roads, for a couple of years I have reservations;  not about my driving, I am confident enough about driving, and enjoy driving, but I tire quicker nowadays, and that is not good on busy roads.    Alan from Harbour House, kindly offered to take me, and this was the option I most seriously considered;   but on thinking about, it would be unfair on Brenda if I took Alan away for a whole day.   Brenda wouldn’t have anybody to spoil.   I felt guilty.  

Then I thought of Mrs Gardner.   Who is Mrs Gardner you wonder.   25 years or so ago, I was working outside Mrs Clarke’s house (Craw’s Nest) when Mrs Gardner, who lived on her own immediately across from Mrs Clarke, came across and asked me if I would have tea with her at midday:  She explained that her brother’s Funeral Service was going to be at one o’clock in Johannesburg (midday our time) and she would like me to sit and


have a cuppa with her at the time.  This I did;  actually I felt quite honoured that an elderly lady should asked me to do this, she had many friends, but for some reason wanted me to be with her at that time.   So guess what I am going to do on Friday; weather permitting (the forecast is ‘good’ at the moment) I shall have a cuppa at Chapel Green and think of Mabel, Jimmy and the family and friends at Kintore.   I shall then make the journey to Kintore when the roads are a bit quieter, and after I have had a few longer trips out in the car.

21.00    I went to ‘arbour ‘ouse for a morrrning coffee (in my insulated mug) to take up to Chapel Green (along with a slice of Lemon Drizzle Cake), to have a quiet contemplate.   It was a beautiful morning;   a bit breezy but the Boss’s seat is sheltered from the West wind so it was enjoyably warm sitting there.    I’d moved from Maggie’s seat over to the more exposed seats at the front of the green to get a few photos, when James and Jennifer came round, having been for their morning walk, and we chatted ....


about the skiffs mostly, and the regatta that is planned for Saturday:  the regatta  might have to be cancelled if it’s too windy for the skiffs to be out.  That would be a pity because seeing six skiffs racing on Elie Bay would be a memorable sight.  

‘Sunny intervals and a fresh breeze’ is our forecast for tomorrow.... more of the same really, though it might not be quite as windy.... and it should feel warmer.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....