Bright and breezy ....

21st September 2021 (Tuesday)   08.30 .... there’s a brisk wind this morning,


the first of the equinoctial winds/gales we get at this time.   The equinox is tomorrow, when day and night are of equal length, and the first day of autumn (astronomical).   I work on what is called the meteorological version of the season calendar, and autumn began on the 1st September.   That said, the seasons don’t stick to a manmade timetable; but they do respond to manmade damage to the ecosystem .... Mother Earth is changing.

18.30    Kirkcaldy Crematorium Chapel was packed for Kenny’s (Crossan) ‘Celebration of Life’ Service this afternoon.    The impression I came away with was of ‘love’:   the Chapel was full of the ‘love’ generated by the memories of all those therein.   Oh there was sadness, much sadness;  but the overwhelming feeling was of ‘love’ for Kenny, whose life was cut short far too soon.  


22.00    I suppose I could say that this has been a ‘lazy’ day, but it hasn’t.   I delivered Jim’s Post Card Collection to Alan in the morning, and picked up my prescription form the Chemist.   There was a queue outside the ‘paper shop’ so I skipped the paper; but I must remember to go for tomorrows paper(s).    

I had an early lunch, then began to get myself organised for the trip to Kirkcaldy.    I’d decided to leave Ivy about 14.00 to give myself plenty of time to get to the crematorium, where I would change my shoes (I don’t like driving in dress shoes) and have a cup o’ coffee (thermos mug) and a biscuit.   Everything went to plan, thought at one time I got stuck behind a tractor .... and had to perform an overtaking manoeuvre.    I ‘floored the pedal that makes it go faster (accelerator)’ and passed the tractor like a ‘bat out of a hot place’.   Other than that the journey, both ways, was fine.... though the roads were busy.

I’m a tired boy, after what has been a busy and emotive day.   Tomorrow I will potter


around the villages on the bike, and have a day of leisure.   The weather forecast is ‘strong winds with sunny intervals’.... probably a good drying day.... I might do a woollen wash.   

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....