Cloudy but nice ....

17th September 2021 (Friday)     08.00 .... It’s a quiet, still, kind o’ mornin’,


when even the Herring Gulls are silent.   It looks, and feels, like we could have a bonnie day;  the forecast is ‘light cloud with a moderate breeze’.   I’ve been for the paper but didn’t go to the harbour;  the camera was ‘resting’ at home.   I’d forgotten it:  probably ‘cos I have an eye test on my mind.





21.30   Silly boy ....  I forgot to publish the Hutte this morning, though I did actually sit down and write a wee bit.    Anyway;  ‘JB’ and I have been busy today:  the main, and first mission was to go to Leven, where I had an eye test appointment.   I have never liked eye tests;   the dentist I don’t mind, but I just don’t like going for an eye test;  though they are vital, especially for elderly people.   I went in at 09.30 and came out, a happy boy, at 10.45;  I think it’s the length of time that bothers me about eye appointments.    My eyes have deteriorated a wee bit but not much.... and I pick up my new specs at 10.30 on the 28th.    The only bit I liked about the eye test, was the test where you clicked a button;  that has been modernised and the button clicking isn’t required now.    From there we

bumbled our way up to Cupar and the Fudge Doughnut Factory, then came home by way of Ceres;  well ready for lunch.   I don’t remember what we had for lunch... oh, we had rolls.... but I do remember the sweet course;  ice cream from Shona’s that we scoffed on a seat overlooking Woodhaven Bay.   The bay was calm and peaceful but it needed a paddle boarder to bring it to life:  lo and behold, a lady passed by our seat, I asked if she was a paddle boarder;  she was.   From there we went back home and had a cuppa before going down to the beach:  ‘JB’ was going to have a swim, I sat on Nana’s Seat and photographed the action;  and there was a lot going on all along the beach.

I have just had a message telling me that my cousin Mabel has died.   Mabel had been ill for a while, so her passing was not a surprise but it is still heartbreaking.   My thoughts are with Jimmy, Val, Jim, Gary and all family and friends.   Mabel will be sadly missed;  she was part of my whole life.... albeit intermittently;  but always there.

JB has an early start tomorrow morning so I guess it will be an early bed tonight.   It


looks like being a ‘nae bad’ day to be driving to Carlisle (to meet and Mum) then on the ‘Sunny Sussex’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....