Overcast and clammy ....

6th September 2021 (Monday)   08.38 .... With Myra being away this

Misty, balmy .... and warm morning.

weekend, ‘Her Boys’ have been leaderless.... and it shows;  Geoff’s buggy was spotted going round ‘The Ferry’ the other day!    (He was probably going to the kirk... tin one).   All should be back to normal tomorrow.    

We have a cloudy start to the morning, but we do have a change in wind direction.... not that there’s much wind .... it’s from the West.   That means we will get the sunny spells (if any) and the West the drizzle.    I will leave any biking until after midday;  we might have a few sunny spells in the afternoon.   My mission this morning is a shopping at Ardross Farm Shop... picking up my paper on the way.

10.30    I enjoyed a wee shopping session at Ardross Farm Shop, but .... I’ll have to take ‘JB’ along to pick the ready meals;  there’s a wide choice, and I’d buy the ‘wrong’ ones.  I’d buy Shepherd’s Pies etc, whereas ‘JB’ would probably choose more modern foods;  I did buy a Steak Pie ... for 2.   The shop was busier than I thought it would be at opening time.... Gillian was serving.... I should recognise her eyes the next time, and George (Harvey) was doing his shopping.


On the way home I went down to the harbour;   and remembered to go for a paper.   All is good at the Centre of the Universe.... or will be when/if the sun breaks through the cloud.   The ‘master plan’ is to ‘oover and dust ‘JB’s room in the morning, then go out on the bike in the afternoon.

18.30    There was a flaw in my ‘Master Plan’ for today;  I forgot that ‘The Tour of Britain’ (Cycling) is on this week.    Yesterday’s stage was through Cornwall;  Devon today.   I managed to get the ‘Hoover’ into JB’s room but never got as far as pluggin’ it in.   Today’s  T o B Stage was one of those where there was a breakaway of 5 after the first 20 kilometres and, with one of them left with 30 kilometres to go.   He won... by my word it was a nail biting last hour and a half.   After that finished I went for a run on the bike;  up to Elie Estate North Lodge, through the estate, then down to the harbour then home.   I met, and chatted to Jacqui on the estate;  Jacquie was one of the few sunny spells we’ve had all day.

21.00    I am looking forward to Stage 8 (and last) of the Tour of Britain, which is from


Stonehaven to Aberdeen,  a distance of 173 kilometres, so definitely not the direct route.   They leave Stonehaven and travel to Deeside via the Cairn o’ Mount,  passing through places that I know well.... including Aboyne, Tarland, Dunecht and many more.   I will only miss out the adverts on that Stage; the winner will be crowned in Aberdeen.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....