Cloudy and breezy....

18th September 2021 (Saturday)     06.30 .... ‘JB’ set off about 06.10,


making for Carlisle where Jenny (Mum) has been on holiday with friends;  they should be back home, in Sussex, about dinner time.   The sun has yet to appear above the Eastern horizon but it is light enough, though cloudy, to wander to the beach etc.   I’ll have another cuppa before louping into the car and going for the paper.    The bike I’ll get out later in the morning.

09.00 .... It’s too quiet in Ivy Cottage now;  but that’s how it always is after visitors leave.    I did loup intae the car this morning.... and ended up at ‘The Store’ where I did the wee shopping that JB and I had intended doing at Sainsbury’s yesterday;   only I was so long having my eyes tested etc. that we decided to skip Sainsbury’s and make for the, more important, Fudge Doughnut Factory in Cupar.   I’m thinking of getting the bike out and have morrrrrrrning coffee up at Chapel Green.


14.00    Myra and I enjoyed morning coffee at Chapel Green, on what is a gorgeous, bright, sunny and warm day.   Unsurprisingly, with it being such a lovely morning, Chapel Green was busy;  with folk out doing their own thing in the warm sunshine.    Some were walking the Coastal Path, others having their morning exercise;  and (this brought back memories) a pup being trained.   It was all going on at Chapel Green this morning.   We (Myra and I) saw a lot of butterflies, mostly Red Admirals, but there was a single Small Copper .... and I spotted (and photographed) what was a surprise.... a Speckled Wood in Ivy garden.   I know they are around, Jim and I photographed one up at Shell Bay Woods a few years ago, but today’s visitor to the garden, was a pleasant change from the norm.

The bedding off JB’s bed is on the line, on a perfect drying day;  and should be ironed tonight.   

 19.30    It was such a lovely day I had a run up to Kinneuchar in the afternoon .... so this has been mostly a ‘play day’.     The washing dried but has yet to be ironed;  I’m too tired to do that tonight, but as far as I can make out tomorrow is going to be a ‘good  day for ironing.’   

‘JB’ arrived home in Heathfield (Sunny Sussex) at 18.00, after an uneventful journey.

Speckled Wood butterfly.

   He met Jenny (Mum) in Carlisle where he had a long break and  ..... probably another breakfast.   He will sleep well tonight;  as will this ‘boy’ who, though I haven’t travelled far is very tired tonight.   There’s a change on with the weather, with a good chance of us waking up tomorrow to a cloudy ‘good chance of precipitation’  morning, but it should dry up quickly:  we might even have sunny spells in the afternoon.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....