Beautiful start to the day ....


2nd July 2019 (Tuesday)     05.30  ..... There’s a washing in the
Elie kirk tower.
machine, and I’m having a cuppa before going out on the bike;  oh .... we have a bonnie, almost wall to wall’ bloo sky this morning, with only a light breeze just now, but that is going to freshen later making this a perfect ‘drying day’.    Must ‘go’ .... and get out and back before the roads become busy.



08.00     It is lovely out.... but the air can be chilly when the sun goes behind a cloud.    Then again.... it is early morning:  it will be much warmer in a wee while.    I went round the villages from Chapel Green to the lighthouse, .... stopping to  taking photos from my favourite viewpoints.    It was quiet;   I only met John delivering the papers, and Marcia going out with the dogs. 


.....the other side of the  Granary and Sailing Club..
12.00     It is warmer, .... a perfect day for building sand castles.    Not that I would do that.... actually why not?     I used to enjoy a good ‘beach draining ‘session that would incorporate some kind of sand castle in it.   Anyway I’ve been to Pittenweem, and Harbour House for morning coffee with the troops;  Myra and Geoff.    Brenda was i/c.... and... oh my word Brenda’s hair colour has brightened my day, and I am in a state of excitement.    I am particularly fond of oranges, though I have never cuddled one.    Now I’m thinkin’.... “I hope Brenda likes oranges”!    Otherwise ‘yours truly’ could be up tae the neck in ‘orrible stuff.  Oh, writing aboot Brenda reminds me.... we had one of Brenda's Cheese and chives scones.... they are, (like her hair), absolutely scrumptious.


20.30    It has been a gorgeous day, in fact it was too hot to work in the garden this afternoon..... luckily George dropped by and we had a cuppa while resting in the Hutte....sheltered from the midday sun;   watching the washing dry .... in the midday
Vintage Bentley.
sun.    That reminds me I have an ironing to do;  that will be done while watching ‘Last of the Summer Wine’;  there hasn’t been much ‘work’ done this afternoon, hence the , slightly guilty, urge to do the ironing.   
 
I’ve looked at salaries of the top ten BBC presenters;   no wonder the BBC wants the over 75’s pay for their TV licence.    Right now I’m watching the England girls play USA in the Ladies Football World Cup semi final. ... on BBC1!   Oh ,,, the USA girls have scored.... and a cracker of a goal it was.

I haven’t made a  ‘plan’ for tomorrow, but the weather forecast is good so I should get something done in the garden.    

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....